Florida-South Florida

I want a Tiffany blue crinoline! Opinion?

I want a Blue Crinoline like this one...My mom is confident that she can dye the one I bought at Davids Bridal Blue...Like the pictures but blue...Thoughts?

Edit: Mine would be blue( tiffany or some similar color)

South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: I want a Tiffany blue crinoline! Opinion?

• edited December 2011
    i think its cool looking..
  • anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh how cute is that idea!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to do mine purple to match my shoes but I actually didn't use a crinoline skirt... just what was attached to my dress. I definitely think you should go for it. There are a bunch of youtube tutorials on how to do this!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some directions on how to dye it.

1. Fill your washing machine with hot water.
    2. Dissolve the dye in hot water first, NOT inside the washing machine, do it in a bowl of some kind. Two cups of water to one pack of dye. Stir until the dye is completely dissolved.
    3. Submerge the crinny in the hot water in the machine, until it is completely wet.
    4. REMOVE the crinny from the washing machine.

5. Add the dye, and one tablespoon of detergent, and let it agitate for a minute to get fully mixed.

6. Add the crinny back in, completely submerging it.
    7. Start the wash cycle over again, so you have the full amount of time. Do not empty the machine, just twist the knob around again.
    8. Keep an eye on the wash time. Let it agitate in the washer for 15 minutes, and then, wearing gloves, pull it out, and untwist it and smooth it out so it will dye evenly. Otherwise it will be tye dyed.
    9. Put it back in for another 15 minutes. It needs to be in the dye solution for 30 minutes total.

10. Let it go through the rinse cycle. Open up the machine, look at it, and determine if you are happy with the color. If you would like it the color to be deeper, start the process all over again, without skipping any of the directions.

11. If you are happy with it, let it finish the cycle, and pull it out to airdry. Voila!

12. Run your machine on the quick cycle twice with detergent and one to two cups of bleach to clean out the machine.
  • edited December 2011
    By the way, in the past I have dyed my crinoline blue, exactly like the girl in the first picture. I needed two boxes of Rit dye to accomplish it, not just one.
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh I think that is so cute! Go for it!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it!! I want to dye mine pink but my mother is having a fit saying she didn't spend $X on a dress to have me "ruin" it. I'm working on her, haha.

I think it would be gorgeous and fun. Go for it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    looooovvvee this!!
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

oh i love it..its actually the first time ive seen it... and just a little tip if u dye it in the washer.. add a little vinager it will help it set... :)

• edited December 2011
    OMG I loooove that! I hadn't seen it before and now I think I have to get a dress so I can have one to dye pink! :o)  Very cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards