Florida-South Florida
Options

Since we are on the topic...

Since there have been a few posts about wedding themes today, I was wondering...are any of you doing a theme wedding? If so, what are you doing and what has inspired you?

I am having a Vintage Southern themed wedding. I have been inspired by many blogs such as Ruffled and Style Me Pretty, not to mention numerous real wedding photos found on the web. I'll have lots of milk glass, doilies, lace, etc. 
*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Since we are on the topic...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think themes are great to tie in everything for the wedding. I haven't decided yet, not sure if FI and I are going to pick anything specific. I think it would help if we did but its such a big decision!! I like your theme. Vintage anything is always awesome lol
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raquel- I love your theme! We were going to have wedding "inspired" by Disney-Pixar's UP. But, we decided to vibe with the tropical/adventure-y theme the Palm Beach Zoo (our venue) has got going on. Since our venue is so "busy" we're sticking with basic flowers and tropical pineapples for centerpieces!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our "theme" is kissing fish. Though we're trying to keep it subtle. We went with this because FI's number one request for the wedding was for there to be fish in the centerpieces (I've heard all the good, the bad, and the ugly on this topic, but it's what he wanted).
  • Options
    jmsw143jmsw143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess our theme is winter.. we are doing a lot with white and branches.

I love that your venue is the Old School house.. It goes really well with your theme.
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our theme is Florida.  Our wedding date is on the day that Florida became a state (I'm a big FL history buff).  There's flamingos on our invites.  I'm trying to use only flowers that are native to and grown in FL.  One of our appetizers is alligator.  There's a bunch of other stuff I'm doing as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards