Florida-South Florida
Options

Veil or no veil? Opinions needed

I haven't really decided on this yet and when I mentioned that to my mom and MOHs they were horrified! They can't believe I may not wear a veil. I know that now a days a lot of ladies are going veil-less and I was considering just doing a flower, Especially  that my ceremony is outside near the water and I don't want the veil blowing in my face!

What are your opinions on this??

Re: Veil or no veil? Opinions needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no veil for me. i'll probably wear a flower or feather or something. i think in the end you have to be comfortable and the veil didn't really fit my personality/style. 
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the same thing... "sweetie EVERY bride MUST wear a veil" LOL... wtf?! They're sooo expensive!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could go either way.. I saw a friends wedding recently where she did just a nice white flower clip on the side of her hair and it looked amazing!! She happens to have a perfect face and hairstyle for that look and it went really nice with her dress.
    It just really depends on whether you want it or not and whether you like the way it looks with your dress.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i kind of agree on the veil - some kind of veil. i'm using a ridiculously long cathedral veil so i'm probably not a great example. but i do think that even if it's a short veil or a birdcage veil, some kind of veil is very bridal - whatever that means.. .lolol.

sorry i'm not much help.... but i do LOVE the big flower on the hair idea. i would just still add a veil. but you need to do what makes YOU happy.
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No veil for me either ;)
    My wedding is outside too, but that wasn't my reason for not wanting one. I just don't really see myself in one, ya know? My mom was a little pushy about it when I told her I didn't want one.

ps. If you're looking for hair flowers, I found mine on etsy.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing a veil. My wedding is outside. To me, its important and something I feel I have to have. It is a personal decision though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My ceremony is outside also (weather permitting of course) and I will be wearing an elbow length veil but not the blusher part because I didn't want anything covering my face. I will only be wearing it for the ceremony and pictures. I will be removing it for the reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think you should have a veil. im not onboard with the no-veil trend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want a veil but then I tried one on with my dress and decided to buy it. Still regretting the decision a little, but I can't not wear it now since my mom was the one who bought it. I plan on having it taken out after the ceremony and pictures though. We're having both the ceremony and reception outside and I went elbow length.

I think you should just go with how you feel. Try several on with your dress and let your feelings guide you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want a veil don't wear one! It is personal preference, I've seen brides with beautiful flower clips on the side and it looks beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went throught the same exact thing...My wedding is outside and I didnt want one either..dead set..even fi found out and told me i should get one...then when i tried on my dress again my sil lend me her veil and it just complete the bride look complete...i guess ppl are right without it i just looked like a girl in a white dress and a flower in my hair (my dress is not puffy at all)...so imma wear it to ceremony and take it off... im still doing the flower too it looks good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't going to wear a veil either but the ladies at David's Bridal tried one on me and it looked great with the dress...it's fingertip length and it's really gorgeous. (Cost half as much as my dress did, though. :/ )  

Listen, in my opinion Ileana, you do what you want in the end, but if it's important to your mom, I think maybe you should consider budging a little....wear a fingertip veil (so that it doesn't blow too much in the wind) outside and then take it off for the reception.  Just a suggestion...if your mom seems okay without it, then go without it...my mom, for example, almost died when I told her I wasn't wearing one.  Just couldn't do that to her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add that my veil has beaded at the bottom that helps weigh the veil down. Maybe look into something that has beading or lace that will help weight it down and keep it from blowing all over the place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards