Florida-South Florida
Options

Former Knottie with a Guest Attire Question

Hello South FLA ladies!

I was an active posted on the Boston board back when I was getting married (WAY back in 07 Wink) and know what a valuable resource the boards can be for brides-to-be, hoping you're also willing to help out a fairly clueless guest on what to wear.

I'm attending a wedding in Miami next month and can't for the life of me figure out what to wear! The ceremony is at 2pm at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens and the reception is at Morton's at 6pm (more a dinner than a typical dancing reception). Right now, I have two options (a red just past knee length a-line dress with wide cap sleeves and a draped front, or a pink print empire waist, smocked back maxi dress with black trim at the neckline) and I'm not loving either of them.

Anyone have any Miami fashion advice? Thanks!
Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
TTC #1 since 9/2012
BFP 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
TTC March Sig Challenge: Irish Hottie!
Ronan O'Gara, Rugby Player... Is brea liom Corcaigh!
My Wedding Bio from back in the day

Re: Former Knottie with a Guest Attire Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I just wrote you a long detailed response and my phone freaked out closed the knot and deleted it! My former post much more summarized - if you don't like either check out rent the runway - they are great and I always get compliments on my dresses from them Vizcaya could def get hot during the day even during November so I'd go light weight with something you could put over your shoulders at night in case it gets chilly - but you're from mass (I think) so our chilly is not your chilly :) Huge piece of advice - I went to a vizcaya wedding in august last year and there was a major major major mosquito problem - I could repeat major 50 times and it still wouldn't really show how many Mosquitos there were. It was more summer and had poured the day before but I would never go back there without some bug off wipes. As for Miami fashion - it depends - If I go to sobe I feel like nothing I wear is ever too much and my only concern is not being sexy/flashy enough - if I'm in brickell or the grove I'm wearing sandals and a simple dress - a nice dress you feel gorgeous in is always the way to go :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SuzyQq02SuzyQq02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the tip on the mosquitoes... will tuck some bug wipes in my purse for insurance. :-) And yes, born and bred in MA, so my definition of "chilly" might be a little different. :-)

The bride is really fashionable girl, so I admit I'm a little worried about not getting it "right"... but the guest list is split evenly between MA and DR (hence the Miami location), so maybe I don't need to be as worried. Still thinking...

Thanks again!
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    TTC March Sig Challenge: Irish Hottie!
    Ronan O'Gara, Rugby Player... Is brea liom Corcaigh!
    My Wedding Bio from back in the day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards