Florida-South Florida
Options

Bridesmaid Make-up & Hair Question

Is the Bride supposed to pay for the Bridesmaid's to get their hair and makeup done for the big day? Or is it something the girls pay for themselves?

Whats the average spent per Bridesmaid makeup & hair? I know it really depends on what they get done but I just wanted to give the girls a heads up for the average spent on makeup and hair.

Anyone have any suggestions for Makeup artists and Hair salons?
*February Siggy*
<3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Make-up &amp;amp; Hair Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it done both ways...unfortunately, i cannot afford to take care of the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids...or even have a professional do my makeup.  The hair salon i'm using is in North Palm Beach, "Inspirations", the girls are amazing and they are doing our hair for $45 dollars each and the flower girl is $25.  The girls are aware of the price and I told them if they couldn't or didn't want to get it done, that is their call.  But my FI and I are paying for this wedding ourselves and i just cannot afford any extra expenses.  They all understand and didn't say anything about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only have them pay if you are making them do it. I paid for mine when I was recently in a bridal party but refused to pay $100 for my makeup and had my cousin do it. I am offering to pay for my two cousins since they really don't want to get it done. So usually the Bm's pay for themselves, unless they dont want it done and you do!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are making them do it, you need to pay for it. That said, I've been in plenty of weddings where I was made to do it and paid myself.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making my bridesmaids do their hair and make up but I am not paying for it. My girls don't have a problem with that though and amongst my group of friends, it's "known" we cover these things as BMs in eachother's wedding.

Their hair will be $60 and their make up will be $60 and I have heard no complaints.
    With their dresse added to this, I was actually stressing more on costs than they were and they told me to shut up.

So I think it depends on your girls and what is the norm amongst your group.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In all the weddings that I have been in as a bridesmaid, the bride gave an option to get our hair and makeup done professionally and if we wanted to get either or both done, we paid for our own hair and makeup. I have heard of other brides who have paid for the bridesmaids' hair and makeup too so I've seen it both ways. I'm going to pay for my mom, FMIL, FI's two sisters, and my brother's gf to get their hair and makeup done. My bridesmaids will pay fo theirs if they want to get either or both done. It will be $60 for hair and $65 for makeup and I am using Anna Wark, who is awesome.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that if you're making them do it, you should cover the expense. I got the info. for my girls on who I was having available to do it and the cost, and let them decide to use them and pay, do it themselves, or pay someone of their choice to do it.

HTH!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for my girls to have their hair and make up done. I don't really care if they got it done or not. The only reason I am paying is because I know they wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm paying for both the girls and the two moms and I wish I wasn't because it adds up, but I know they would spend that amount on hair and make up. I'm using Jenny Bowen and she's charging me $150 per BM. She does an amazing job so I think it's worth all the money I'm paying for hair and make up. But if you don't care if your girls are all dolled up then just give them the option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not requiring it to be done and I'm also using Anna Wark, so the same $60-$65 price that Priya mentioned. I have about half of the girls who are interested, and I'm definitely fine with the girls who don't want it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone I know tells me they should pay if they want it done by the person you're hiring. My girls would def want it done and would pay for it themselves but I'm still thinking about paying for them. I would really only be paying for my 2 friends since the other 3 are my and FI's sisters and I know our parents will probably pay for theirs. That being said I agree with other girls, if your girls wouldn't normally get it done themselves and you want it then you should offer to pay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards