Florida-South Florida
Options

Wearing veil during reception

Ladies, are you planning on wearing your veil during your reception or simply for ceremony and pictures?  I've been to weddings where the bride does both, but just wanted to get your opinions on the situation.  

I will be wearing my hair up with a rhinestone hand band, as I am getting married in July.  What would you ladies do if you were me?

Re: Wearing veil during reception

• Options
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't be wearing my veil during the reception. I want a long cathedral length veil and don't think I want to carry it on my arm the whole night. I have seen girls use the short veils or carry the long ones, both are fine to me; just maybe a bit uncomfortable?

I love the idea of a rhinestone headband but I am not sure if you mean whether you should wear a headband or not, or if the headband gives you enough bling during the reception? lol

I want a huge rhinestone headpiece in my hair which will stay on for the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything in pp lol! I think a veil at the reception is uncomfortable and kind of out of place. Just my opinion :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a chapel length veil and a blusher for the ceremony.  I will definitely not be wearing the chapel length one at the reception, but if I feel like it, I might wear the blusher for a little bit, facing back.  I have a rhinestone hair piece though so once I take the veil off I'll still have something interesting going on :)
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm skipping a veil entirely so I'm probably not the best person to comment! BUT, I'd only wear it for the ceremony and a few formal pictures, if it were me!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing it for the intro and first dance.  But taking it off for dinner and dancing.  I think it would look nice for first dance pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely only wearing my veil for the ceremony and pictures.  (For reference, it's elbow-length, single-layer, no blusher.)

I might wear my hair completely unadorned during the reception, or I might pin some flowers in it.  Not sure yet.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with FaithCaitlin.
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine for the ceremony and then just took it off during our photos. I would have kept it on a bit longer, but It was too windy and kept getting in the way. I wore a flower in my hair during the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to wear mine my whole reception but it wasnt put in properly so it started hurting.
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ill be wearing my veil for the ceremony and pictures only.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, you all were great help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards