Florida-South Florida
Options

Need advice

So as of right now... there are only 2 people in our bridal party... BM and MOH. However, I have 2 other friends who I think would make kick a$$ bm's and I'm really considering asking them. Problem is, FI doesn't have anyone else he can ask... so it would be 3 girls and 1 guy, which is kinda lopsided. Hmmmmmmm I don't know what to do. I feel like I want a fuller bridal party... but I want FI to have the same number of guys. AHHHHH!

Ooooh I do have a little brother I want included in the wedding (and an older brother that I DON'T want included)... but if there are 2 guys and 3 girls.. that might be ok. We could have the BM and MOH walk into the reception together and then my little 12 year old brother with a girl on each arm. How about that?!
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: Need advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that it's entirely up to you. i'm pretty sure that the tradition of equal numbered parties is gone out the window for people who don't want to have equal numbers. and honestly, what are the chances that every bride has the same number of good friends/family members as their groom? i think if you have people that are important enough to you to be BMs, then go for it. it will all fall into place. i'm having my little brother be a junior GM, i think it's cute. do whatever you guys want. his GM are up to him, and your BM are up to you (with the inclusion of siblings from either side) and thats your decision together to do what you guys want. 

i had the problem of being overly lopsided and my mom brought up the idea of FIs dad being one of his GM or his best man. have you guys talked about that? is that an option? we're considering it to even it out a little bit, and because FIs dad is a big part of our lives. just something to think about. 

but in the end it will all work out for what is best for you guys. 
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend in her wedding had a MOH and a 2 BM and her husband only had a BMan and groomsmen. the BMan walked down the aisle with both of them in his arms. :) so your idea seems like a great idea if you want to incude to more of your friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds really nice. It means a lot to you! And why not have 3 and 2?

I have 6 girls and 5 guys. I'm having my Matron of Honor and Maid of Honor walk with the Best Man... OR I'm having my Matron of Honor walk alone.

I think it's extra special, do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see why you can't have a different number.  I think it would be super cute for your younger brother to have two girls on his arm.  I think it would be awesome!  Plus, I wouldn't worry about tradition - just do whatever you like! Period.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    don't worry about lopsidedness, i let it get to me to at first, but in the end it's not worth bending backwards over. i've got a GM walking down two of my BMs, and if I can give you one word of advice--- wait another few months until you ask friends to be part of your bridal party. it's surprising how A LOT can change within a short year as far as friendships go, better safe than sorry, wait a little longer til you're sure! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah - i already had one BM drop out. :x 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taylor...someone dropped out? WTF?!

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a lopsided bridal party at all. Do what's going to make you guys happy and don't worry about the numbers :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies!

Taylor... Fi's dad never really played an active role in his life, so to ask him to be a gm would be kinda like a slap in his moms face. It IS a good idea though, for someone else. Tongue out
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. The number on each side doesn't matter. Do what makes you happy.

I also agree with JCalixtro about maybe waiting to ask your friends to be in the bridal party. I didn't wait, and now I really wish I had a smaller bridal party, but I'm not going to un - ask anyone, sooo...
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is totally up to you. The little brother idea sounds cute. You can always see if cousins will be in it? HTH and GL with your decision.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want them by your side have them :) I dont think having even numbers matters much  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards