Florida-South Florida
Options

How to remove Butter from clothing??

Any suggestions?

This smart blond spilled a lot of butter on my shirt on Friday night (while eating all you can eat Snow Crab in the keys!!!) at that point I was cut off and not allowed any more Rum Punches.

Any suggestions? I've been soaking it in a Dawn Mixture...

ETA: Oh and BTW, The Shirt is cotten... if that matters to you. It's the Yankee one in my E-pics and I HAVE to save it!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to remove Butter from clothing??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oy.... hmmmmmm
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cut it out? Lol j/k, but no I don't have any idea, it may be a lost cause....I've never had success getting grease or oil out of clothes. I've lost a lot of t-shirts (or gained a lot of sleep shirts if I look at it "glass half full"...) from cooking that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are soooo helpful, Lynette! lol I came back b/c I was like DAMN that was fast!!! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL.... Yea, it might be a lost cause.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The dawn usually helps on grease spots by the way... rub some Dawn straight on the stain, let sit for a few mins... then rinse and wash... but since I was in a hotel and didn't have any... i figured I'd check with you all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about trying Lava Soap?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard baby powder works really well but I think you have to do it then and there. Something about it soaks up the grease.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ... have you been able to get it out yet??? try rubbing some degresser in and let it soak in HOT water to melt it out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards