Florida-South Florida

Pink Dress

OK, Im a bit of a rebel, and I love the idea of a non traditional look, so I have been daydreaming about wearing a pink dress instead of the traditional white gown. My mother hates the idea, my FI rolls his eyes but I am pretty sure I want to do it. 

Opinions? 

Re: Pink Dress

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do what makes you happy. However, def. try on some white dresses and see how you feel. IMO, the white dress, veil, etc.... that's what makes a bride, a bride.

GL!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll find differing opinions on this..

I love pink but don't want to wear a pink dress because I've always imagined wearing a white dress! Simple as that.

I agree with Twinkle-- go try on some white dresses and pink dresses.

There are plenty of white "rebel" dresses you can find, too, so don't rule that out. If you want to compromise, maybe settle for a pink crinoline, pink shoes, accessories, etc.

Or, since it is your day, go for the pink. Think about it though.. remember, pictures last forever! You want to be happy with your decision in 30 years from now, whatever color you choose. :)

ETA: if my FI wasn't crazy about a pink dress, I'd also take his opinion into consideration. That's just me, though!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pink-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:ba475f37-3064-49fe-a58d-2d4de39434ecPost:49e414cf-1404-47c6-9b09-c0f165aeaee5">Re: Pink Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE] Think about it though.. remember, pictures last forever! You want to be happy with your decision in 30 years from now, whatever color you choose. :) Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]
    I love Halloween and my wedding is on Halloween wknd (just worked out that way). At first I wanted to do something kind of gothic with black and dark purples, some black crows, candie apples... etc. Then I realized its my weddign not a halloween party. I am still using those colors just not in a halloween/gothic way. I also like different things and took me about 50 dresses and three months to find my perfect dress. I also though about having a cake topper personalized with me and FI surrounded by shoes, since I love shoes, but again not really for a wedding, maybe a birthday cake!
    Just saying keep in mind it is your wedding... and like pp the pictures last forever. I am sure you can find a beautiful pink dress but will you regret it later on down the line? Try on everything until you find the right one. Pink, purple, maybe a splash of color..
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what Gwen Stefani did and have a white dress that starts to turn pink at the bottom. I loved her dress, it was elegant yet it was her.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pink-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:ba475f37-3064-49fe-a58d-2d4de39434ecPost:7d1fbce1-a4a1-4a43-94b7-987a36cf2224">Re: Pink Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do what Gwen Stefani did and have a white dress that starts to turn pink at the bottom. I loved her dress, it was elegant yet it was her.
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]

Genius!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards