Florida-South Florida
Options

Lazy in the Sun or by the Fireplace :Honeymoons

FI and I are at a stand still with our honeymoon plans. We figure we should go someplace with cool weather (in Nov.) since we already live in a hot climate state. Just Imagine: Cozy by the fireplace at a lodge or maybe in a ritzy hotel in a bubble bath. BUT, we could be showing off our (newly) fit bodies on the beach in Jamaica in our secluded villa off the beach.
Whats a girl to do...

Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Lazy in the Sun or by the Fireplace :Honeymoons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a matter of personal taste. I'd be pretty torn, but we would probably choose the fireplace, just because we can hit the beach anytime, living in Florida. Good luck with your choice, the options sound amazing!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on what you want to do. November isn't going to be too cold depending on where you go. I think you will be in between. You can't go skiing, or anything snow related. Are you leaving the country?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were going to Portugal (where im from) but there is sooo much to see, we decided what we REALLY wanted was a honeymoon to be lazy, lounge around and maybe head into town IF we wanted to go to the market.

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yup, definitely a matter of opinion. Cuddling in the cold definitely sounds good and a great choice for something different since we do live in S.Florida, but im not a huge fan of the cold. I like the laid back feel of not having to pack a ton of clothes to keep warm and the idea of laying out in the sun drinking my nice cold martini and FI his nice cold beer. LOL! Ok maybe i went a little overboard.

It really is a choice you both should make based on what you like most.  Why don't you guys make a list of the pros and cons for each and see which list is longer?  GL! =)
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Park City, Utah (in November) for our HM and it was amazing.  We are going back this November.  Our thought process was - we are at the beach all the time and we do live in FL.  So we wanted snow, mountains,  a fireplace and a hot tub outside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

PATTY - We did make a list but never wrote it out, maybe the results will be clearer if we do so THX!

MrsFEZZ ;) - First off Congratulations & the BEST to YOU and your husband. I agree VERY MUCH to do something different and we would LOVE to see the mountains. Where did you stay in Utah?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. :)
    We stayed at the Dakota Mountain Lodge
    http://www.dakotamountainlodge.com/index.cfm

• Options
    edited December 2011

thank you im checking it out now...did you go to the spa at all?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually did a couples massage.  A little pricey (of course) but we loved it!

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    def a tough decision, you have to think whether or not you want cold or hot haha. But then again just like everyone says your always in florida and always can go to the beach and your in the sun. My vote is for the cold. You can cuddle hehe
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards