Florida-South Florida
Options

Grooms Cake Vote

Is that still like a thing that brides still do? Where do you have it at the wedding or rehearsal dinner?
If so FI is a major BMW fan and a MAC lover!! What do you girls think!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grooms Cake Vote

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some girls still do it. I've seen it at the reception and they bring it out right after they cut the cake as a suprise for the groom. I like the bmw idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing mine at the RD...I like the BMW idea too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna do if if I can afford it. FI loves old mustangs, so I'm gonna price out someone to do a 1967 stang. I would put it next to our wedding cake.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so cute! im going to try and have an eagles/phillies themed one done if i can afford it!

lynette he'd loveee that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stac... I know! The cakes are just soooo expensive. There's a guy I work with that does them but he charges a lot. But he told me to send him a picture the info and he would let me know how much. I'm thinking he's gonna come back to me at about $600... which I really can't afford.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing it! It's a surprise for FI and he is going to LOVE it.

I'm doing an Audi A4 cake at our rehearsal dinner <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a Miami Dolphins cake at our RD - it's costing me $90 :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah doing mine at the RD also...I think the BMW idea is super cute :)
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Courtney-

Who are you going through for 90?? that's an amazing price!!

We are doing ours at the RD...I want to to a gators cake (U of Florida)
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    courtney? 90? from where???? i will travel to the moon!! LOL
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm doing a grooms cake at the RD. I think it's a nice touch for FI.

I'm getting my cake for free from a friend, but she does awesome, yummy cakes for really cheap if anyone is interested:

Clara's Sweet Creations
    (786)372 - 7114
    http://mycake.tk/

Her FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=wall&viewas=577868536&ref=ts&id=605323973

And Also: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=wall&viewas=577868536&ref=ts&id=1079924466

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing one with the Breakers bakery (they were actually pretty affordable, surprisingly enough), and I'm choosing between a Les Paul Gibson or an iPhone.

Usually a groom's cake is about the groom and what interests him. If you do a MAC (makeup, right?) cake, everybody will kind of assume your new husband is into brushes and Viva la Glam ... lol.
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to try and do a grooms cake, but just like everyone else- if I can fit it into my budget.  N&J- you mean MAC like the computer?  That would be a cute cake if you get it to look just like the computer.  If it's too difficult.. I think the BMW cake is a nice idea you can do a lot with!
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question - for those of you doing a grooms cake at the RD, are you also having dessert?  We have dessert included in our RD so I don't think I want to get cake on top of that, I don't know if its worth it...
  • Options
    Cristy81Cristy81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea.. Either the BMW or the computer would be super cute. What do you think your fiance would like more?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it at the wedding and he loved it. :) Got a Super Mario cake. Even the DJ played the Super Mario theme song when they brought it out - really fun.

Here's a pic of it: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs483.snc3/26416_906691635539_814730_50860277_7837974_n.jpg

• Options
    n&j1010n&j1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes girls my FI is into MAC the computers not the makeup!!LOL!!But I think Im going with BMW emblem!!! Thanks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at the wedding next to our wedding cake - it was so awesome to have something special for DH in the middle of everyone fussing over the bride. :)

PIB! I used Edible Creations, it was incredibly reasonable and EXACTLY like the photo I brought them. And delicious too... mmm, red velvet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards