Florida-South Florida
Options

Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch

We haven't finalized the information for these things yet but I'm wondering, do you think I need to send informal invitations for these? Or can I do the day after brunch in the welcome OOT bags or is that too late notice? And the rehearsal dinner by word of mouth

If I send invites, can the people who are invited to both be sent in the same envelope? Can I make people email me an RSVP? (I really don't want phone calls!) 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an actual invite for my rehearsal dinner. I made it the same size as my RSVP's so people could send it back with their RSVP's.

I think for the day after brunch it's ok to just leave something in your OOT gift bags or spread it by word of mouth. But for the rehearsal dinner I think you should get an invite (this is assuming you will need a final head count before the rehearsal dinner).

I say if everyone you are inviting knows how to work/has a computer. Then you could just have them RSVP by email.

I think it's ok to send two invites in the same envelope, as long as they are invited to both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're only doing family and bridal party for the rehearsal dinner, so I was planning on just telling people about it. For the brunch, I think we're either going to include a thing something in the invitation so guests can send it back with their RSVP or I might just make it an e-vite... 

We actually discussed this yesterday, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on having separate cards made with rehearsal dinner info on them to just put in the invites to bridal party and out of town family members.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I think I may have to mail them seperately. We already sent our invites and we haven't finalized the rehearsal dinner place yet (long story!) But I think I'll include both to those invited to both (I just have to make sure they don't clash!)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a separate invitation for the rehearsal and mailed them to those invited about a month before.

We're not having a day after brunch, so I'm no help there.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    One more question! If I put the ones that are invited to both in the same envelope, is that bad? Grooms parents hosting Rehearsal and Me and FI are hosting brunch? It doesn't matter to me but is it horrible? Do you think I need to ask them?
  • Options
    We had invites made for the rehearsal dinner and the morning after brunch.  We put them in the same envelope and had people just call or email to RSVP.  My husband's family hosting the rehearsal dinner and the brunch was hosted by us and my parents.  From experience, some people may not make the morning after brunch.  Too much fun the night before. 
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_rehearsal-dinnerday-after-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:c02a543b-96a7-4d5d-a030-b11ce0d02e04Post:4bb7af68-e52e-4876-8502-674087b3df39">Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch</a>:
    [QUOTE]One more question! If I put the ones that are invited to both in the same envelope, is that bad? Grooms parents hosting Rehearsal and Me and FI are hosting brunch? It doesn't matter to me but is it horrible? Do you think I need to ask them?
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]
    Not bad at all. I say go for it!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! 

I made one on vistaprint this is what it reads:

The wedding will be done,
    but we are not ready to stop the fun!

Join the Newlyweds
    JT & Krista
    for a 
    Farewell Brunch

December xxx
    Time
    Regrets Only 
    Email 
    Phone

Does it sound ok?
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regrets only? Meaning they only call or email you if they can't come?
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_rehearsal-dinnerday-after-brunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:c02a543b-96a7-4d5d-a030-b11ce0d02e04Post:1b6c05bd-c77b-4c3d-bfa0-c8ab3fea3291">Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Day After Brunch</a>:
    [QUOTE]Regrets only? Meaning they only call or email you if they can't come?
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]

<div>That was my thought. I just don't want a bunch of phone calls. But I guess it would be safer to get everyone's RSVP?</div>
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah. Just have them send it back or email you their response. Or see if you can use someone else's phone number. But I think the wording is fine. Peopole will most likely get confused by the regrets only part.

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Christina! I changed it to RSVP with a date and email and phone number. Hopefully most people will use the email =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards