Florida-South Florida
Options

Pre-owned wedding dresses

I am considering buying the dress of my dreams from another knottie, but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered.  If you bought a dress from someone, what questions did you ask?

So far I have: what are your measurements, is it clean, how was it altered, does it have the certificate of authenticity and orignial receipt?

Re: Pre-owned wedding dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How is it being stored right now.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is it in a smoke free home? if it has beading.. does it bring extra beads? (I bought a back up dress that had extra beads in a little baggie.)   Does it have any tears, rips or damages, even if they are small? 

I'm assuming you can't see it in person, huh?

GL
  • Options
    graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo I didn't think about extra beads.  The knottie is in California so I cannot see it in person first. Sigh.
  • Options
    I am getting a pre-owned dress from someone in California too.  I asked the same questions above.  Her wedding was blogged on Stylemepretty, so I was able to see it in advance.  The only problem with her dress is that 1 of the 3 bustle buttons is missing.  I am just planning to take an extra one off from the bottom of the buttons along the zipper to replace it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grace - I have a dress for sale. Brand new. Never worn size four. The dress is in Boca. Email me: TMCR84@gmail.com if you want to see pictures :) 
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pre-owned-wedding-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:c1c5c6c7-d322-4a50-86af-ff349bd1cb70Post:ccb58ba1-dfc2-4375-b04e-6955cdc0aa94">Re: Pre-owned wedding dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grace - I have a dress for sale. Brand new. Never worn size four. The dress is in Boca. Email me: TMCR84@gmail.com if you want to see pictures :) 
    Posted by TtotheG[/QUOTE]

I would love to be able to buy a dress from someone down here, but I would love to be a size 4 even more lol.  I would need a size 8 or 10. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards