Florida-South Florida

Long Overdue - My Vendor Reviews

Hello Ladies!

I know these are long overdue, but I needed to see if a few of my vendors would fix things before I gave them a review.  If you have any questions about my reviews, need contact info for my vendors, or have a question about a vendor I didn't review, you can email me at tylerandrem@gmail.com

Thanks Ladies!
Tyler

JW Marriott – A

This hotel was perfect for what Rem and I wanted.  The ballroom was beautiful and they had the attention to detail that we required.  We also loved the pool area for the cocktail hour and the foyer was to pretty as a rain back-up.  Florencia was great to work with.  The food tasted wonderful, and YES, I ate!

Gregory Paul Photography – A++ (Album Pending)

They were great.  Heidi and Greg were unbelievable that day and leading up to the wedding.  They captured AMAZING pictures and made sure I got the photos I would want after the wedding.  With some of the issues on the wedding day, I didn’t want to take pictures at times because we were running late.  They were flexible about taking pictures but knew I would want the pictures after the fact so they worked with me that day to get them and keep me happy!  And I am SO thankful they did.  I can’t say enough nice things.

Sasha de Almagro Photography – A++

Sasha did the photography for my rehearsal dinner and I couldn’t be happier.  I am so glad I decided to have a photographer there to catch the evening.  I really love her style and she did a great job capturing all the action.  AND you would have never known she was there.  I didn’t realize how important it was for the photographer to “blend in” until a wedding I went to recently where the photographer was constantly in the way.  I will definitely be using Sasha for future pictures with my family.  You can view the pictures she took at sashadealmagro.smugmug.com (http://sashadealmagro.smugmug.com/Events/Tyler-and-Rems-Rehearsal/10626645_txCAu#739083053_BJqGS)

Reinhardt Videography – A+ (Video Pending)

Marty was GREAT.  He came to the rehearsal, which was SO fun.  He was so flexible to work with.  VERY responsive to email and phone calls.  I CAN”T wait for the video.  AND affordable! 

AB Covers – A-

My only complaint was that they were hard to contact and didn’t really negotiate their prices.  But we did square and round tables and they were great with having the linens fit the tables perfectly and they spent 2 visits and a very long time with me picking out the linens.  They also provided our chivari chairs and the price was competitive.  .  Florencia was great to work with too.

Paula Jackson – A Classic Appeal Planner – A

Paula was GREAT at keeping me on track.  I think I would have been missing hundreds of things the day of my wedding without her.  She was helpful with the invitations, attended my vendor meetings, recommended reliable vendors and had a lot of great ideas in additional to taking care of everything the day of the wedding.

DJ UBI – A+

Another great vendor.  He did our DJing, music for the cocktail, uplighting, and globo, and probably something else!  We had the busiest dance floor ever and all our guests said how great he was.  The uplighting looked beautiful and he was SO professional.  I can’t say enough good things.

Gil Sosa – B+

I want to start by saying, my flowers were absolutely beautiful.  BUT they were not what I asked for.  I wanted a tear-drop shaped bouquette and it was round and I wanted fluted vases and got cylinders with no prior warning about these changes.  Also, I had paid for two additional centerpieces that I didn’t need and asked Gil to just make things fuller and add flowers to the cake and anything else he thought I would need and I didn’t really feel that this happened.  Also, Gil is not good responding to email so you need to call him if you work with him.

Carefree Limos – B-

My husband wanted a NEW 2009 Rolls Royce for our car instead of a vintage and they are not easy to find.  We did with carefree, but there were other issues.  We also reserved two Escalade limos for the bridal party and out of town guests and then limo that was supposed to pick up the out of town guests showed up at the wrong hotel, got lost going to the right hotel and made it to the ceremony location with the guests an hour and fifteen minutes late.  I would have given them an F but they refunded my cost for the limo in full and took other corrective action.  Looking back, I should have rented the Rolls from them and the other two limos from Padrino or Melian, etc.

ProStich Embroidery – A+

We bought the napkins for our wedding and had our monogram embroidered on them.  It was really beautiful.  ProStich was great to work with and got them done quickly.  It was a really cool detail to have.

La Gorce Country Club – Rehearsal Dinner – A+

This place was great.  I worked with Cindy the catering manager and she made my every wish come true for that night.  We had an AMAZING view of the golf course and beach.  I had my coveted ice cream sundae bar and EVERYONE loved the food.  You can see pictures if you look at the pictures from Sasha.  Also, they included the flowers and linens as long as you aren’t too picky.

Edda’s Cake – A

I was nervous about going with Edda’s as the reviews aren’t always positive, but the cake was BEAUTIFUL, exactly what I asked for, and tasted good!  And it was a package cake!  YAY! 

Studio By Carmen for B-pics– A

I was so nervous but she was so awesome.  My hubby agreed she gets an A.  I can’t wait to work with her again in the future.

Re: Long Overdue - My Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards