Florida-South Florida
Options

Feeling a bit overwhelmed....

I know I have asked these questions before; however, I can't find those posts and right now I am feeling a bit overhwhelmed so if you would bear with me - I would appreciate it.  Please remember I am doing most of this via phone and email right now .... which of course makes things a bit more difficult!  Any help would be apprecited.

1.  Flowers 
We are looking for INEXPENSIVE - SIMPLE - ELEGANT.  I have some pictures of ideas.  I do NOT want to be talked into something I don't want.  We do need a chuppah and a B'denken chair..... so that might eliminate some florists.   But if you have someone who LISTENS that would be great.  The few I called did NOT listen at all ---- and I was not impressed.  

2.  Hair and Make - Up
Again - looking for a good price.  We have gone over a bit on budget......so I am hoping to find a few reasonable people.  I need someone who knows how to do this in Miami's August heat.  Looking for a "half" up-do for me, make up for me.... and possibly for my MOH and BRIDESMAIDS.

3.  DOC
Because I am going to go crazy if I don't have someone the last month helping me pull this together.

4.  Jewish BENCHERS - after meal prayer
If anyone has a source - I would appreciate it!

5.  Invitations
I am again looking for simple however, that is unique.  
Is DIY really worth it by the time you are done with ink - mistakes etc.....
I am thinking it is easier to "bite the bullet" and just order them.
Who has ordered them online?  Where did you go?

I am so grateful that my dress is DONE and all the BM / MOH are done with their dresses.  Caterer is done.  But I am feeling stuck on the rest.

Help - help - help!
I appreciate you guys!

Eva & Jon
August 5, 2012
Acqualina Resort & Spa

Re: Feeling a bit overwhelmed....

• Options
    We're here to help!!

1) Dream Makers by Rose Kish. By far, the cheapest we met with and most bang for our buck. She knows her stuff!

2) Anna Wark with Mobile Makeup

I used "Invitations by Dawn" for mine and I love them. I looked at Wedding Paper Divas, as well. Get samples of them and then use retailmenot for coupon codes. I think I got 20% off my invites...

Just remember, all you need is a FI, a dress, and an officiant. Everything else is just extra :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    Hey! I know the feeling, especially planning from far away it can get really stressful.  My mom amd MOH are in So. Fla. so def help me out a ton but it still gets to be alot!

Flowers and hair are two of my favorite vendors I have found so for flowers I am using Blanca.  Her website is something like creations by Blanca.  I loved her and I felt like she was the only one out of the bunch I talked to who listened to me.  She also came in under budget (so of course I then added extras insead of saying yay, but whatever I am now at floral budget with more than I expected)  I also loved that she really listened to my ideas and looked at my pictures and then came up with numerous alternatives that were very similar butwould save me major money due to flower size, season, etc.

Hair I am using a girl named Alsion my aunt recommended after my hair stylist from growing up in Florida turned me down (she has been having some issues but still weird).  Anyways her number is (954) 856-4056.  She does makeup and then for large parties also has someone else that does makeup - I have not had a trial with her friend, but she was very nice over the phone.  I may do one when I go down for my bachlorette in a few weeks.  She grew up in Florida so should be able to handle the humidity!

Invites I used magnetstreet.  I loved my STDs and I loved the invites but I didnt like the invite envelopes b/c they had no color on the flap and the STDs had silver so I was expecting that.  Otherwise they were helpful in editing my invites and they came quickly.

For calligrpahy (a recent add-on) I am using this girl Danielle who was recommended on the NJ knot.  You mail them to her she does them and sends them back.  I cant say enough nice things about this girl! She is so nice and does such such a great job and is so inexpensive.  She did my like 95 envelopes for about 65 bucks.  Her email is Daniwrites@hotmail.com, I dont remember her website. 

Also have to say I love Sunny Isles and the Aqualina is gorgeous!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The only one I can help you with is DOC.  My wedding planner is Vanessa from Karma Goddess and she has a DOC package that is very reasonable.  She is so calm and collected and you really end up feeling relaxed around her.  Also, she just did a wedding at Acqualina a few weeks ago! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    1.  Flowers - I'm using A Blooming Touch - call and ask for Beatrice, She is their preferred vendor for the Courtyard Coral Gables, Chart House. I gave her exactly what I wanted and she did not try to upsell me or charge astronimical prices

2.  Hair and Make - Up; Makeup I'm using Miami Makeup - Dunia Rivero and Hair by far the best price I've found and this has been the most challenging of vendors to find Karla Lola- www.karlalola.com

5.  Invitations - I'm ordering mine online from an Etsy vendor - The Stylish Scribe. She has a website as well very unique. I just ordered a sample from her so I'm stalking my mailbox. for what I want her pricing very inexpensive compared to the cost of doing it myself. I'm not at all crafty.
    *** TTC since 10/2010 (no planned bc since 2007) Me (31) Sept 2012 - DX Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 8/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good; hypothyroidism; DH (35) SA Normal Clomid 50mg, trigger
    10/2012 BFFN 1st cycle on clomid 50mg w/trigger shot, progesterone level 19.7, cd28 - hcg level 0.
    ***12/2012 Cycle #25 TTA break until March 2013***
    3T Jan2013 Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Winter image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    OB/GYN=expertise in pregnancy/labor; RE=expertise in getting pregnant. (read this on someone's post, feel free to PM me to give you credit) I'm so glad I have a RE on my team. Consult a RE after 1 year under 35yo; 6 months 35yo+
  • Options
    You have a PM :)
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Flowers: Creations by Blanca or Rose with Dream Makers. You could also look into Field of Flowers which is more of a chain.
    Hair and Makeup: She's pricey but Jenny Bowen is amazing! www.jendoesmyhair.com

DOC: DANIELLE PEARSON IS THE BEST!! Danielle Pearson Events is her Facebook page. Not sure if this link works: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DPEvents

Invites: Wedding Paper Divas (Costco members get a 20% discount), or Michaels DIY kits (use coupons for a really good deal!).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

1.  Flowers 
    I am using Brittany from Field of Flowers in Davie, I believe she has a chuppah but I'm not sure since I'm not jewish. She was the cheapest that I met with when I was searching so I would try her.
    2.  Hair and Make - Up
    Hair - I'm using Jenny Bowen, shes great but she's pricey so I dont think she's what you're looking for, but if you're willing to splurge she's the one!
    Makeup - I'm using a close friend who is a make up artist, she has amazing prices and does a wonderful job. Makeup by Janell and her phone number is 754-281-1128 and her email is makeupbyjanell@gmail.com. She also has a facebook page that has photos of her work on it (i'm in the photos too!). (trust me I'm not promoting her cause shes my friend, she really does amazing work)
    5.  Invitations
    I used Vistaprint and I am extremely happy with the way they turned out and you can't beat the prices!!

HTH! Good Luck!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Have you considered NOT printing invitations?  We created our own invitation on a word document, turned it into a PDF document, and emailed it out to our guests.  We asked everyone to RSVP on our wedding website.  It actually looks really nice!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I know its been said- but you should definitely talk to Blanca- she was the only one who listenend to me, helped shape my vision, has awesome chuppahs for a reasonable price and came in under budget.  As an fyi-She is very responsive, but just in case she isn't, give her the benefit of the doubt this week, there was a very recent death in her family :(

As for benchers- is there a local temple you can call? Maybe try the "source for everything Jewish" site or post this specific quesiton on the Jewish Weddings Board. If you are having trouble send me a PM- i'll ask my FMIL who was going to help with this since she volunteers at her temple and has some connections.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards