Florida-South Florida
Options

Anyone else going to this bridal event?

I received a phone call this morning about a bridal event in a Courtyard by Marriott in Miramar.  I'm going on Monday, July 12th, at 6:30, and apparently it's an invite-only thing for brides and their FIs.  You go and they cook for you (they're trying to sell you their pots and pans for about an hour and a half), no obligation to buy or anything.  For going you get a gift bag with tons of goodies, including a free hotel stay in one of their hotels for 3 days and 2 nights and a $50 gift certificate towards their pots/pans. 

I'm wondering if anyone has gone to these types of events before?  I'm guessing it's as annoying as the whole timeshare thing, but if anyone is going or has gone and wants to share their experience, please, do tell! =)  Thanks ladies.

Re: Anyone else going to this bridal event?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did one of those. All they did was heat up veggies... we did winnd up buying some of them.. they ARE great BUT sooooooo expensive!!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got it!  No way, I don't plan on buying anything...I'll just peruse their website when I get back (and probably after my wedding) and redeem the gift certificate.  Thank you! =)
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had scheduled an appointment with them a few month back because it sounded interesting, but i ended up canceling. I figures it was similar to a timeshare meeting. But if you have time and its for a free stay at the marriot and $50 certificate and a goody bag, why not.

Have fun and please update on what they give you in the goody bags =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wet too and even though I went with my head dead set on NOT buying anything I still bought the pots! :))  I still havent used the free trip to DR..
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'll be sure to let you know how it went =)
  • Options
    BocaSueBocaSue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gone to one of these. They cook a few things at a snail's pace. I guess the pots are good, however they are 10 times the price they should be.
    I recently bought Henckel's pots and fry pans and they are superb. They are very much like all clad but a great deal cheaper. You are about to waste some time.
    Proud employee of Best Wishes of Boca. We have wedding registries, jewelry, china, and collectibles. http://www.bestwishes.net
  • Options
    muneccamunecca member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the same phone call... not sure if we are going yet......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I am looking for a bridal show here in miami asap, is there any way to buy tickets or to "get" an invite?
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards