Florida-South Florida
Options

Hotel in Orlando

Can anyone recommend a hotel in or around Orlando? We're going to Universal Studios for part of our honeymoon and need a hotel. We're considering the Polynesian resort inside Universal. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel in Orlando

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have stayed at The Dolphin and it was pretty nice. There is a boat to take you to the parks.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dolphin
    Radisson Hotel- Lake Buena Vista
    Omni Orlando Resort @ Champions Gate

HTH!!!!!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't Universal have its own set of hotels? Portofino Bay and a couple of others? Would those work? Also, just to let you know, the Polynesian is a Disney Resort. :) If I think of any that are closer to Universal than Disney, I will post! Good luck!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are strictly going for Universal you could stay at one of their hotels. Hard Rock, Portofino or Royal Pacific. 

My mom usually stays at the Polynesian, it is on the monorail line for Disney

Some other hotels in the area near universal (but would need to drive to universal) that are nice are:
    The Peabody (just remodeled and added new wing)
    Rosen Shingle Creek 
    Ritz & JW Marriott (farther from universal)
    Hilton & Waldorf (newer hotels in area)

Ones that I have stayed at and love:
    Portofino (great beds!), Hard Rock (its a fun hotel! and great pool) and the Ritz (which is a little farther than the other hotels from universal but its quiet and relaxing)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we just stayed at the hilton grand vacation seawolrd, it was super affordable and pretty

hth!
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just there and we stayed at a brand new Westin Hotel.. It was right on universal blvd. Literally 10 mins away. But if possible I would try to stay on Universal Property aka Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino ( which is a A+++ Hotel and Italian Themed), or the Royal Pacific which is a Hawiian themed hotel. The universal hotels have a lot of great offers which you do not get if u stay off the property.. Good Luck
  • Options
    MissKitty0220MissKitty0220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards