Florida-South Florida
Options

color coordination question!! please help!!!

Good morning ladies!

So my wedding colors are white and platinum. The lighting in the room will be lavender/purple. So those colors for the tables and decor will be perfect!

I was planning on doing white bouqets for all, but when I see the colorful bouqets with the matching pillow, pretty colored shoes, and flower baskets...it makes me want to have a bright color for those! I can find nice silver shoes...but I can't find silver roses lol.

Is it weird to have the bouqets and things in the ceremony one color and the reception stuff in white? My reception and ceremony are in the same location.... please share your thoughts!

xoxo

Re: color coordination question!! please help!!!

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I read this correctly... but why don't you use purple/lavender as an accent for certain things like shoes, flowers.. whatever else needs some color. Just a thought...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you did purple roses? with the silver shoes or purple shoes? that would look nice since your using them for the linens and decor. I think all those colors will loook great.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it's perfectly to have different hues for ceremony and reception! I think it adds an element of surprise to your guests as the enter the reception room. GL :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

That's true! I could try purple roses and accessories! It's just scary to pick something that later on you will regret lol. Thanks ladies!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ the PP's do some purples in the bouquets. They can be white with accents of color...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think purple roses and accesories would be really nice! I know it's scary to commit to something but from the sounds of it - it's going to look amazing!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can definitely do different colors for the ceremony and reception. There is no rule that everything has to match perfectly, as long as it stays within the theme.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards