Florida-South Florida
Options

Brilliantly dorky idea... LOL (Pet owners might not think I'm so crazy or not haha)

I have a cat. Who I love! He helps complete our a little family with my FI and myself. I know a lot of "extreme" dog owners have involved their dogs in their ceremony, i.e. as ringer bearers. Even if my cat were a dog I don't think I would do that. However, I do feel like he should be included in our big day somehow. So to my brilliantly dorky idea (self-coined lol): I am going to buy a charm that looks like him or put his picture into a small picture frame and attach it to my bouquet. Nothing ridiculous, just a little momento to signify he's part of this? I have to run this by FI to see if he thinks I'm a nut but I figure you girls would do the same. :) So tell me, ladies, how silly am I? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brilliantly dorky idea... LOL (Pet owners might not think I'm so crazy or not haha)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is cute! I like it :) I'm also trying to include Scooby (our golden retriever) in our epics! Maybe...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so cute! A former knottie put a bone shaped rhinestine charm on her bouquet to be reminded of her pup...I love the idea! I say go for it <3
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitey cute!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOOH i love your idea!!  and I'm just as obsessed/in love w/ my little sheltie... would love to incorporate her into the ceremony somehow too!!
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats a good idea. I don't have any pets right now, 2 kids is enough for me at the moment. But if I did, I'd so steal your idea. lol
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cute! my sheltie will hopefully be walking down the aisle as our flower girl :)
  • Options
    jmsw143jmsw143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is cute! We are also crazy about our pets. I'm sure our dog will be part of our e-pics. I would love for her to be in the ceremony but she is a 75lb American Bulldog puppy who loves people. I can totally see her stopping to lick everyone as she goes down the aisle : )
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super cute idea!!!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  I was actually laying in bed last night thinking about this!  I'm thinking about having buttons made with her (dog named Tinsley) picture on them for me, FI, and our parents to wear.  Kind of cheesy but with us living in Indy and marrying in FL it's just not possible to include herCry  If we were marrying locally she would be our ring bearer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards