Florida-South Florida
Options

How much of a discount have you received when blocking rooms?

Hi, all.  We're getting married in Key West next October.  The venue hasn't given much in terms of the event contract, so we're really focused on getting a good block rate at the venue before signing the contract.  Just curious how much of a discount other brides have been able to secure when the block rooms?  Also, how many rooms or room nights and with what attrition rate?  Any help would be awesome. 

Re: How much of a discount have you received when blocking rooms?

• Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter's wedding reception is not at a hotel so our situation is a little different. However, we booked a block of 1 and 2 bedroom suites with a savings of at least $40 and $70/night respectively. This is for a 3 night stay. We are not responsible for any unsold rooms. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ssolo98ssolo98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saving about 20%
  • Options
    shan1197shan1197 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  Very helpful!  Would welcome additional thoughts from others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The price keeps changing everytime I look.  It varies from 10-35%.  I apparently picked a wedding during high season for the area.  It's $189/night.
    We have no minimum requirement and they are offering the price for as long as our guests stay, so we have some that have 1 night and others have 4 nights at the same price.  No deadline to book either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is 20% if our guests book 10 rooms for 2 nights.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a lot of a discount but its because the rooms were soooooo expensive to begin with (they are still expensive) But I think my discount is around 40%. We just got the first number for the room block then asked if that was the best they could do. And she took off a little more
  • Options
    Dana JRDana JR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the Keys over July 4th weekend. Our discount is only 10% but there is no minimum number we have to book or anything like that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards