Florida-South Florida
Options

guest list vent

It's driving me crazy!! FMIL and mom keep adding ppl and I've been wanting to go over the list with FI and he keeps pushing it off! ugghhh... wish i can get this over with!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17

Re: guest list vent

• Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks. My mom keeps doing the same thing and my FI is really no help either. At least we can all sympathize together!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the guest list is one of the more difficult things to deal with when planning a wedding. I had similar issues with the moms trying to add more ppl.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree I think it is one of the hardest things - I had issues with my mom and my FI's dad trying to add people they didn't even like from work and their neighborhoods etc.  Well I am still dealing with it a little, the way I got my fiance to help is by saying "with all these people we are going to need to contribute X amount or delete X amount of our friends"  that freaked him out enough to talk to his dad and cut it down quite a bit :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guest list is I would think the hardest thing for some. If you they are paying for the wedding I would suggest taking with them and telling them you wanted a limited amount. If you are paying, I would tell them if they want to pay for them then they can fork over the money. I've had to tell FI Best man he can't invite people we dont know. I think he got the clue when we told him he could invite his friends in replace of him
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Beth: your FI bestman invited ppl to your wedding? That's crazy! Lol we are all paying for the wedding but I don't think the patents even realize how much the total is at our venue. I think I'm gonna get everyone together to discuss the total and budget, that way we are all on the same page!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem with FI adding people after we had already sent out the STD's. I told him DO NOT talk to anyone about the wedding, because they automaticly think that if you talk to them that they are invited. People are crazy!!!!!!
  • Options
    Squeaky00Squeaky00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gabby we are working on that also and I feel like it is so fustrating and alot of people are going to be mad with us.  My fiance and I both have big families and we are paying for everything ourselves so I understand what you mean.  If I was rich everyone would be invited but that is not the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards