Florida-South Florida
Options

Officiant Advice/Suggestions

Ladies,
FI and I need your help! We are looking for an officiant who will do an interfaith- but not super religious- spiritual ceremony.  The two that I've found through some research that could be possible candidates are Cantor Debbie Ballard and Rev. Eddie Rodriguez.  If anyone has an opinion on either of the two, or suggestions of someone else, it would be greatly appreciated :)
TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Advice/Suggestions

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we are having Cantor Debbi Ballard for our ceremony!  hands down....best decision we ever made.

I am Jewish and Garrett is not...so we were set to have two officiants...but once we met with Cantor Debbi...Garrett said he wanted to just have her (fine with me....saved us money!)  I found out she specializes in inter-faith and after viewing her website I could clearly see she has done a TON of inter-faith weddings! 

He liked the way she presented herself and how she would make it more inter-faith than jewish and whatever we wanted to do was cool with her. 

Her communication skills are perfection.  She answers emails within hours!

Her price was within our budget, and we are so happy with her! 

Definetely meet with her...you will see for yourself.

Check out her website:  www.mypersonalcantor.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually looking for someone myself in the same situation, but I wanted to make sure you knew that anyone you may know who is a Notary Public can marry you, and they do it for a lot less expense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL got married by Rabbi Frank. He does inter-faith marriages. You can check out his website http://www.rabbionline.com/weddings.asp?page=5
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FYI..Rabbi Frank is my rabbi, did my bat mitzvah and married my cousin and he is CRAZY expensive. 

We are also doing interfaith and I didn't want just a rabbi or just a pastor doing an interfaith ceremny, and to hire two was not in our budget, so we are going with an offciant.  My event planner recommended him, his name is Mitch Cohen (just google him).

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter is using Rev. Arlene Goldman.  She and her FI met with her and they both loved her.  She also specializes in interfaith marriages.  She seemed very flexible and her prices were reasonable.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about interfaith, but a friend of mine was married by Rev. Eddie Rodriguez and it was gorgeous. He was who I wanted but had my date taken.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also missed out on Rev. Eddie Rodriguez, someone flew him out of the country on my date to marry them so he recommended Rev. Michael Calderine

He was amazing - exactly what we wanted and the price was very reasonable~ I would suggest either one of them
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had Micheal Calderin marry me last week. He was wonderful and has a great sense of humor. I have only heard great things about him also. He does all different types of ceremonies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hollie1113hollie1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I will be sure to check them all out and keep you posted :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got married on 06/13/10 and our Rabbi was incredible.  She does interfaith marriages.  She was like a family member.  I can't recommend her enough.  Her name is Kellie Marcus and her e-mail is kelliemarcus at comcast dot net.

I will be posting my complete reviews soon.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    this was very helpful as i too am looking for an officiant! thanks girls :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards