Florida-South Florida
Options

Invitation Wording Help!

Hi Ladies -

What is the polite / ettiqute way of saying on the invitation that we don't want any children being brought to the wedding? My in-laws have made it clear that if we dont want any children the only way to get it across is saying on the invitation:

DONT BRING YOUR CHILDREN!!!

But I just felt like that might be a little inappropriate. Dont you? lol

I do think it needs to be stated on the invite though so people can plan accordingly.

What do you guys think is a good way to say it? Are you doing the same?
*February Siggy*
<3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Invitation Wording Help!

• Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My invite says adult reception to follow or something to that effect. 

I also have it listed on my website along with my dress code. Not sure if that's the proper way to do it but I wanted everyone to understand no kids. 

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's considered bad taste to put "Adults only" on the invite. But I've seen my cousin do it for his wedding. It didn't offend me, but I also do not have kids. I think if you really don't care about offending people, then just put it on the invite. But if you do care, then just put it on your wedding website and have your family spread the word like crazy. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd ask on the invite and paper board - I feel like I've seen this issue posted a few times on there - or just scroll through it to see what they've recommended in the past - I do think if it's not included somewhere in the invite people will bring kids
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not write it on our invitation and no one has rsvp'ed with their kids. A couple of people asked us and we said no its adult only. But we also did write Smith Family or anything like that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say don't put it on your invitation. Maybe include a simple note that you make on cardstock at home that politely asks your guests with children to leave them at home. I had a friend include a list of reputable babysitters for her guests with children. You could also just mention to your guests with young children not to bring them via phone.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd write adult only reception to follow and make it clear on the website. Probably not "proper" but gets the point across!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Under "guest information" on the website, I wrote "adult only, semi-formal"... and left all children's names off envelopes. Also- after reading knotties RSVP woes, I'd suggest if anyone replies with children's names written in, address it immediately! It sucks, but you gotta do it! GL
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having kids at our wedding either. We kinda had our parents helpus with this part though. They started putting the word out early. And on the RSVP we wrote the persons who are invited names and how many seats we resrved for them. Having a tight budget we had to make it clear 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards