Florida-South Florida
Options

Need RSVP caling advice

I'm going to start calling people.  The RSVP process has been hell for me, so at this point, if I have to call you, I really don't even want you to come anymore.  I seriously don't plan on talking to some of these people again after the wedding. 

With that said, is there an "ettiquete" way of doing this?  Or can I just get to the point?  I'm worried about soundy bitchy.  Anyone have a sample of how their conversations went? 

Re: Need RSVP caling advice

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say hey its Krista, how are you? (they say good how are you) and you say you know wedding planning is a little stressful just wrapping up some final details. By the way I didn't get an RSVP from you are you coming? (yes/no.. excuses) 
    If they say yes just say something like oh great looking forward to seeing you! If they say no just say something like oh ok i'm sorry you can't make it!

I would just keep it short and sweet
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Krista. "Hi! I'm just trying to finalize some wedding details and wanted to know if you were going to be coming to the wedding..."

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Or you could say hey...why the heck didn't you use that stamp I sent you lol.....J/K The ladies above gave great suggestions

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-rsvp-caling-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d2de118f-201b-4a3c-9674-5599c1d1ed0dPost:a5170c00-ad8e-4e4f-abb3-f5736cf71ef6">Re: Need RSVP caling advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or you could say hey...why the heck didn't you use that stamp I sent you lol.....J/K The ladies above gave great suggestions
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL by the end of the RSVP process I'm sure I'll want to send detailed instructions to people. </div><div>
    </div><div>Step 1 Open invitations</div><div>Step 2 Take out RSVP</div><div>Step 3 Fill Out RSVP</div><div>Step 4 Put RSVP in already stamped provided envelope</div><div>Step 5 Seal envelope</div><div>Step 6 Take envelope to mail box</div><div>
    </div><div>YAY you now know how to RSVP!</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-rsvp-caling-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:d2de118f-201b-4a3c-9674-5599c1d1ed0dPost:0edd446b-5d89-493f-87cc-5bb7ebdf3f17">Re: Need RSVP caling advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need RSVP caling advice : LOL by the end of the RSVP process I'm sure I'll want to send detailed instructions to people.  Step 1 Open invitations Step 2 Take out RSVP Step 3 Fill Out RSVP Step 4 Put RSVP in already stamped provided envelope Step 5 Seal envelope Step 6 Take envelope to mail box YAY you now know how to RSVP!
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! I love this!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    Lol!  I should've put these instructions on my wedding website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-rsvp-caling-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d2de118f-201b-4a3c-9674-5599c1d1ed0dPost:9fd7473e-7dc4-4103-abbb-6bc15284e211">Re: Need RSVP caling advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say hey its Krista, how are you? (they say good how are you) and you say you know wedding planning is a little stressful just wrapping up some final details. By the way I didn't get an RSVP from you are you coming? (yes/no.. excuses)  If they say yes just say something like oh great looking forward to seeing you! If they say no just say something like oh ok i'm sorry you can't make it! I would just keep it short and sweet
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

This

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I said:

Me: Hi so and so!
    Guest: Hello
    Me: Do you want me to cut you!? Cause I'll do it!
    Guest: What ever do you mean?
    Me: You know what I'm talking about you crazy bastard!
    Guest: Oh my RSVP! I think it's around here some where.
    Me: Oh yeah! Well imagine that!
    Guest: I will def. be there, maybe.
    Me: Good day sir! (slams phone)

Just kidding! Even thou we all know we would love to say something like this.

I just came right out and said it. I'm to the point were I just don't care about these people who have been so disrespectful towards the RSVP process. They can't even stick a damn envelope in a mailbox!? I just said "Hey, I need to know if you will be coming to the wedding? My venue needs to know by Friday."
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-rsvp-caling-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:d2de118f-201b-4a3c-9674-5599c1d1ed0dPost:62bc4841-a00c-4cbc-8772-d5c35bc104b7">Re: Need RSVP caling advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said: Me: Hi so and so! Guest: Hello Me: Do you want me to cut you!? Cause I'll do it! Guest: What ever do you mean? Me: You know what I'm talking about you crazy bastard! Guest: Oh my RSVP! I think it's around here some where. Me: Oh yeah! Well imagine that! Guest: I will def. be there, maybe. Me: Good day sir! (slams phone) 
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL!!! I like this one!!!</div>

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Christina. Straight to the point. Why skirt around the fact that they suck? Lol.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krista's advice is good. 

My one tip is to remember that it's possible that people have other things going on in their lives and don't mean to come across like they are ignoring you.  This probably isn't the case for everyone, but tread lightly just in case there's something you don't know.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards