Florida-South Florida
Options

December 4, 2010 wedding- VENDOR REVIEWS finally posted!!

As many of you know, I had an unreal wedding day. Quick recap: our videography hung my wedding dress from a fire sprinkler in the hotel room causing the sprinkler to burst and flood my dress, the room, and 16 other rooms in the hotel. If you want to read more details of the unintentional chaos, I have a note on my facebook about it. I waited 6 months to post this because I wanted to wait on the final outcome of it all. Luckily, he's a very humble person and fully refunded our money, we have our final videos, and has offered to shoot any other event in the future. Not sure what that will be as I don't plan to get married again lol, but maybe for a baby shower or something. Anyway, below are my reviews that I posted on wedding wire as well:

13:13 Boutique wedding photography

5 stars really aren't enough for Ashley and Phillip. They by far have been our absolute favorite vendors! Photography was my #1 priority as I am completely obsessed with pictures. I love their creative style! Our engagement session was so much fun!! We weren't sure what to expect, but Ashley and Phillip made us feel very comfortable. I can't ever stop raving about them. They have the best personalities ever and are just sooo sweet and talented. Ashley keeps great communication and gives you lots of ideas for the photo shoots. I don't even know how many emails I've sent her...way too many to count!

Wedding day- Ashley and Phillip arrived on time to our hotel. Around the same time, my videographer arrived and decided to hang my wedding dress from the fire sprinkler, causing it to burst and flood the entire suite.

Phillip and Ashley worked hard to get things rolling again and keep me calm. I vividly remember seeing Phillip holding my soaked dress out in the balcony and Ashley calling my other vendors to let them know what was going on. It was soooo difficult to go from feeling like total crap to having to put on a huge smile for the cameras and try to hide what I was really feeling inside.

I can’t thank them enough for everything they did! They did an amazing job and really worked as a team with my makeup artist and hotel to keep things going with what we had. Ashley and Phillip really helped me when I wanted to lose it during all of that and after the ceremony. Thank you for your patience, love, and your endless help through it all….hands down the best photographers ever!

We were so happy to see our wedding pictures a few weeks ago. As expected, they came out absolutely gorgeous! They capture every detail and every moment so perfectly.

Danielle Pearson Events- D.O.C.

My Day of Coordinator...or shall I say...ANGEL sent from heaven, was truly amazing!! If it weren't for her, I don't know what I would've done on our wedding day. I hired her just about 2 weeks before the big day. I swore all along that I didn't need much help and was going to use a friend to help me out. I then realized that I needed a professional to help me pull off a successful cocktail hour and reception. She has great communication through phone, texting, and emails. She met with us at the venue and communicated with our vendors days before. Danielle worked hard for countless hours on that day and had all the details perfect! She went above and beyond and we can't thank her enough! She's sweet, experienced, and very professional! I can't recommend her enough. You are in great hands!

Ethereal Floral design

I found out about this company through a knottie that mentioned they were having a facebook contest. I looked into it and loved their work so I joined the contest. Luckily enough we won 1st place!! $1000 worth of flowers for our wedding! This was the only contest we entered and so glad and grateful that we actually won! From the very beginning, Stephanie (the owner), was very helpful, responsive to all my emails, and really professional. Our initial meeting with her was a few hours long and she wrote down every single detail and wrote up a proposal that had everything outlined including the prices. Our centerpieces, cake table and stand, sweet heart table, and sign-in table looked gorgeous!! All of the bouquets were exactly what I wanted...especially mine! OMG my bouquet was soooooooo beautiful!!!! She made my vision come true and I couldn't be happier to have had the opportunity to work with such an amazing person inside and out. I can't recommend her enough to everyone! Thank you again Stephanie for all your hard work!

Elegant Temptations

I found out about this vendor through a knottie and decided to call after a very disappointing cake tasting with someone else. Rosie told us to head over even though they were about to close. She sat with us for about an hour helping us decide which flavors to choose. We fell in LOVE with her cakes! All the flavors were AMAZING!!! soo sooo sooo yummy!! She also had the acrylic cake stand that I really wanted which was also a plus. I gave her a picture of the cake design I wanted. When I saw it at the reception I was in love! The cake came out gorgeous and every single detail she had perfectly. It was truly art! I can't thank her enough for being so sweet and professional. Everyone commented on how beautiful our cake looked and how delicious it was! I know I'll be coming back to her for all future events.

Liquid Djs

Since my initial search for DJ's, I knew I wanted to go with Liquid DJs. I met with others and no one had the personality like Shannon did. He's a super chill and down to earth type of guy that makes you feel very welcomed from the moment you meet. Dasha, his wife and Marketing Coordinator, works by his side and is always available to answer any question you may have. Their website is very easy to use, which makes selecting songs and details for the day of a breeze. I love that I could make payments online too. The LED lighting they provided for our reception was phenomenal and exactly what we had envisioned. Our reception stayed pumping all night! The leather DJ booth is something I love too because it matched perfectly with our decor. Hands down, they are the best!

MXI Studios- videographerKenny has been really great with communication since the very beginning. Although things didn’t go as planned on our wedding day, Kenny made sure to make it up to us as much as he could and we thank him for doing that. He’s truly a humble person and really cares about his customers. He had no problem in making changes for us and provided us with many rough draft copies. He made sure that the video was perfect and to our liking before making it final. His pricing is very reasonable for the style of shooting he does. We absolutely love our wedding trailer and get constant compliments on it!

Lutz Karpf- make-up/hair

I wish I could give Lutz more than 5 stars, he is by far the best makeup artist and hair stylist out there!!! My makeup trial was really for my engagement pictures. He made me look sooo beautiful and everyone still talks about those pictures and my makeup. A few weeks before the wedding I decided I needed to do a hair trial. He showed up to my parent's house and looked at my dress and accessories and knew exactly what would look best. Everyone loved it!

Wedding day- Lutz arrived on time and immediately started working on my hair. He then started my makeup and during that time, my videographer arrived and decided to hang my wedding dress from the fire sprinkler, causing it to burst and flood the entire suite. Lutz worked hard to get things rolling again and try to keep me calm. It was soooo difficult to go from feeling like total crap to having to put on a huge smile for the cameras and try to hide what I was really feeling inside. Regardless, I looked gorgeous on my wedding day! My makeup and hair lasted all night long and the compliments were endless.

Beauty by Rivera- Jessica Rivera make-up artist

Jessica went to my hotel to do my makeup for my bachelorette party. A few days before, I sent her a few videos and told her the kind of look I was looking for along with pictures of my dress. The day of, she knew exactly what to do and surpassed my expectations! I got compliments all night long on how beautiful my makeup was and I couldn't have been happier! She made me look flawless!

A week later was my wedding day and she came to our hotel room to do the makeup for my bridesmaids. During that time, my videographer arrived and decided to hang my wedding dress from the fire sprinkler, causing it to burst and flood the entire suite. Jessica went out of her duties as a makeup artist and helped us with all the chaos. She was there extra time because of it and helped us move all of our belongings to another hotel room and helped keep me calm during such a crazy moment in my life. In the end, my bridesmaids looked absolutely gorgeous and they loved their makeup!

Claudia’s makeup corner

I heard about Claudia through other knotties that spoke very highly of her. From the beginning, she was great with communication and luckily had my wedding date available. She made herself available through the phone as well and is very professional. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet her in person, but she was a pleasure to work with and made my mom look beautiful! She also did makeup for some of my other relatives and they were all very happy and loved it!

Amelia and Carmen Catering

This company was pretty much the cheapest catering company that I could find and including so many things for the price. It's not the best out there, but it's decent. You do get a lot for your money. I didn't like that we spent countless hours working on drink flag stirrers that were personalized and they didn't use ANY of them. In the video I see the flags next to them but they continue to use these ugly standard red ones. I also asked for no coffee at the reception and there was a stand with coffee after the cake was served. I asked for no pitchers on the tables but the waiters had them on there until I went up to them and told them. I spent so much time trying to keep things organized and wrote everything down for them and even met with them several times and they still couldn't get the minor details correct. I would still recommend them because of their pricing and great tasting chicken cordon bleu!

Jessy’s Limo

This was by far the cheapest price I could find! I wish I could've gotten the escalade, but by the time I decided to change it...it was already booked. We had a black stretch limo that was very clean and looked nice. The driver arrived 15 minutes before and was very professional. The only thing that we didn't get as stated was the red carpet for the bride and the just married signs. We did get champagne though. Regardless, I still recommend them and would hire them again!

Hitched event Rentals

This company was recommended to me by another knottie. Luis is very professional and offers great customer service! They delivered everything on time and made our reception look beautiful! The pricing was great too!

Brelex- linen rental

This vendor was great to work with and super flexible with everything. They are a true pleasure to work with and I will definitely be using them in the future. I was in LOVE with our linen. So beautiful and elegant! Their prices can't be beat either!

Re: December 4, 2010 wedding- VENDOR REVIEWS finally posted!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer! So awesome to read your reviews! Glad that after everything, it all turned out awesome and that Kenny worked with you in the end! I am also a 13:13 and MXI bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad to read your reviews! I can't even imagine what your day must have been like! I'm so happy to hear things with Kenny worked out! Congrats!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all your reviews!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for thr reviews!! Glad he gave you all your money back and that Danielle was there to save the day. Congrats!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews! I'm happy to see that it all worked out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  Thanks for the reviews.  And note to self ... DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO HANG ANYTHING FROM A SPRINKLER!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews and glad that you were able to work things out with the videographer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards