Florida-South Florida

Help! Rehearsal Dinner Question

Are you or did you send invitations for the rehearsal dinner?

I really want to send invitations and FI is fighting with me over this. He said it's pointless and we can just call everyone and let them know time, place and etc. But I think it's more organized and formal to send invitations.
Wedding Countdown Ticker 100 Invited imageimage54 Ready to Party! image 5 NO! image 41 Slackers!

Re: Help! Rehearsal Dinner Question

• My daughter in law sent pretty evites since they hosted it. That way, they could keep track of how many people were going. Hope that helps!
  • Are you inviting all out of town guests or just bridal party? We are just doing bridal party and immediate family (about 30 people), so I was planning on doing an evite for it. If you're having a more formal event with all of your OOT, sending formal invites would probably make it easier to keep everything together. I guess it also depends on your budget, at this point, we're so far over that I'm looking to cut corners every place I can, when I feel that guests won't notice/care one way or another.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • I wasnt going to send formal invites for ours but fmil thought it was necessary so offered to do them - all I did was provide addresses so I have no idea what they will even look like. I figure if it's important to her and not coming out of the budget then I don't care. If it's in your budget do it, but I don't think it's necessary - I have never received one for a rehearsal dinner I've been to and I've been to 7.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sending an invite, but only because all OOT guests are invited. 

• My plan is to just call them it'll be for immediate family an bridal party not more than 30 ish people ..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards