Florida-South Florida
Options

Uh Oh.

I gave FI his first wedding task on his own. Because I'm tired of doing everything myself. It's like he has no idea what's going on and I'm tired of it. So I told him to find a DJ. Because I'm tired of talking to DJs while trying to figure out catering and tent rentals. And linens and craaaap. 

So I've already talked to Shannon from Liquid DJs, and I want to book him, but I told FI to talk to as many DJs as he can (there's a hefty travel fee from Shannon) and make something work. I gave him a starting point with what I like and what we're looking for. He's entirely set up, even with a post it note of important questions to ask. 

He just goes .... "What's the address of the wedding again?" 
Oh. My. God. I'm going to scream haha. I should have just done this myself. 

Re: Uh Oh.

• Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAH i LOVE it!!! Sorry, but thanks for the laugh!!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure he'll be fine.  ;)

Shannon is so worth it, if you can squeeze him in! Good luck with the DJ hunt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww poor FI!! Thats got to make you want to scream, but just take a deep breath and realize he means the best. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want Shannon. We're trying haha. 

And I know he's probably frustrated too. But this is teaching him why I need help planning lol, I can't do it alone!! But it's entertaining listening to him ask these people for quotes and trying to explain things about the wedding. 

Jeff "How would I explain this tent, babe?" 
    Taylor "Uh, it's a tented outdoor reception."
    Jeff "But like ... what kind of tent?" 
    Taylor "Are they asking whether its a pole tent or frame tent?"
    Jeff "Well, no." 
    Taylor "Tell them it's a tented outdoor reception."
    Jeff "Oh. Okay." 
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO- I did the same thing... And FI contacted a bunch of DJ's but gave them my contact info! Seriously...
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahhaha - Jeff tried to be tricky and was like "should I put in your phone number or mine?" and i'm like "Uh, yours, because you'll be the one talking to them" 
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol. Sorry, I know it must be hard. I try not to give FI anything wedding related. He couldn't even handle getting me his family's addresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my FI's one and only job was priniting out the envolpes for the STD and even on that he messed up royally!!! gotta love him though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha what is it about men? i was trying to not give Jeff anything to do, (it did take him 3 weeks to get me his MOMS address, seriously!?!) But I just can't do it all myself. Not with work and school and this! too much. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Taylor, Im sorry but I cant help but laugh.  At least your FI will call vendors.  Mine hates calling people for anything.  We have a rule in the house. When we order dinner to be delivered or picked-up, etc., I call and order the food and he has to go pick it up or get the door.  Men are silly.  At least he's willing to help.  LOL - he will figure it out and then probably realize just how much work goes into planning a wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol - when we order food, i ALWAYS make Jeff call, that's so funny! But I've been on the phone with vendors for hours lol. 
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL this is so hilarious! Bless your heart for trying to include him, I think thats a mistake we all have made! ;)  My FI has been DOA in the wedding planning process (minus suggesting our STD [concert ticket] and glancing at the computer screen and pointing to the invitation he liked best).

I gave my FI the task of contacting DJs as well - literally, his ONLY wedding task. There were only 3 that we were considering, but it still took him TWO WEEKS (and he had a week off of work) and I had even gotten proposals, contact info, etc -- all he had to do was talk to them and decide who he liked best.

Silverrose: OMG we do the SAME thing! Jon HATES calling to order food and I hate answering the door in my tank top and PJs so I order and he answers the door. Too funny!
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL... aaaww.. sorry hun.. he's not as brushed up on the terminology as you are so.. educate him! He'll get the hang of it.. just be patient. ;) At least he tries to help!!
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

At least he is trying to help. Good luck!

• Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh boy.. like pp atleast he tries to help. Guys are clueless when it comes to planning. I got in an arguement last with FI too becuase we recieved a gift from our registry to our house, I told him to take a look in the box so he can see what we got and he said I know what it looks like already I was with you when we picked it out. ggggrrr!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO! Oh, Taylor, well at least he's okay with helping!

I made Craig meet with photographers before we chose Gregory Paul :P lol
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Men I tell ya.  Too funny.  Try negotiating with Shannon. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Arlyn - that's hilarious!! Oh, boys. 

Jen - did Craig do okay? Did he intelligently ask questions? I feel like FI has no clue anything about this lol, like he's never been to an event with a DJ and knows nothing about our wedding. 

Thanks cinthia - we're going to try negotiating. Since Shannon already said they shouldn't have to stay overnight, I'm going to try to get the travel fee dropped some. fingers crossed! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm always late! BAH! ***BIG RETARDED HUG*** Boys are special!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards