Florida-South Florida
Options

Tux Questions

How much did it cost per groomsmen/father?

What's your FI wearing and what are the guys wearing? (tie/bowtie, short/long jacket, etc.)

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tux Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I went to ask, they said about $150 per groomsmen (with shoes, cuffs, socks, everything except underwear) at men's warehouse. Same for the fathers. We left bc the choices were too much but will be going back and are picking black suits with ivory vest/shirt for FI and then black best and ivory shirts for the groomsmen. I am putting FI Das in the same as the groomsmen. Haven't decided if tie or bowtie yet though. I am hoping to get this all done this weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using mens wearhouse and getting a gray Calvin Klein tux with the shirts, vets, ties, cufflinks, shoes and I think socks for $198 per GM.
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the guys paid around $110 for their rentals.  This was at Men's Warehouse.

They all wore the same tux, the only difference was my H wore white tie/vest and the guys wore red.  The jackets were, I would say, short. 

The fathers wore grey/silver bow ties.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About $170. FI wearing long ivory tie, ivory shirt, ivory vest and black tux (jacket and pants). GM's are wearing black tux, black long tie, black vest and ivory shirt.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's wearing a Marc Jacobs suit. He purchased his at Burlington for less than $200. It came with the pants, vest, and jacket. For about $100 more we got the shirt, shoes, belt, socks, cufflinks, tie, tie clip, and hanky. So around $300 total, but none of it is rented.

The boys are all wearing taupe/khaki colored dress pants and white dress shirts (from Macy's). Under $100 for the ensemble. I gifted all of them their ties and socks, which was probably under $100 for everything (six ties and six pairs of socks). They're allowed to wear whatever brown shoes and belts they want.

HTH! GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!! This is all so foreign to me! FI liked the bow tie with longer cutaway jacket but I don't know, it looks very old fashioned to me. I think we're going to compromise and stick with bow tie but shorter jacket.

THANKS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our guys, 109.90. RB, 89.90

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards