Florida-South Florida
Options

Songs for dance

Hi everyone!  

I've definitely been MIA for a while.  We just got back from our trip to NY and I just finished my finals, so now I have to get back on track for the wedding planning .. almost 6 months away!!  

Anyway, here's my question:  my grandfather is giving me away, but I am very close to my older brother and he's been like a father to me all my life, so we are going to have a brother/sister dance in place of the father/daughter.  What are some great songs that you would recommend?  Any would be appreciated!  I hope everyone's wedding planning is going well!!  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Songs for dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to just choose a song that is special and meaningful between you and your brother. You could look at a listing of father/daughter songs and I'm sure you'd find something that would work ("There you'll be" by Faith Hill is a good one), but think about your relationship and if a song is special for the two of you. I LOVE "I loved her first," but my dad doesn't know it and it really doesn't describe our relationship all that well, so I'm doing my father/daughter dance to "House on Pooh Corner." My fiance thought that Pooh Corner is a weird song to choose, but it brings back a lot of memories of my childhood and growing up, and I think it will be meaningful for my dad and family, much more so then a generic song that I find that's meant for such occassions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards