Florida-South Florida
Options

Block room rates

did you reserve at more than one hotel for block room rates?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Block room rates

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did two.. but having an issue with one! So we will see.
  • Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my reception is at a hotel, I think I am just going to use those. We got a discounted rate for the rooms. There are other hotels in the area though, do you think it would be a good idea to bllock rooms at another one that could possibly be cheaper? I haven't looked into it yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just blocked at one....mid-range on price. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing at least 2. The hotel we are having the reception at is super super pricey! I may even do a third for another price point
  • Options
    edited December 2011

me venue's hotel is a very "boutique" style hotel. So i wanted to give others options.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we did two, and FI's dad added one that's like 20 mins away for some strange reason...ugh lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did 1. It was too much work getting 2.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did your room blocks make you gaurantee a certain number of rooms? I'm nervous to to do it because I don't want to be responsible for the rooms if they don't get booked.... maybe I'm just not understanding how it works lol
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue hotel is very expensive so I am doing room blocks on a mid-range one plus another inexpensive option.  The two hotels are w/in close proximity so guests can mingle with each other.  Since I'm going to provide shuttle service to my venue, we thought two hotels close to each other was the more practical option.
    HTH
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    None of the places I have looked at so far hold me responsible for the rooms. They release them 30 days prior. One did want a $500 deposit that would be refunded completely but I don't know if I trust them
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat.  My venue was making me be responsible for 15 rooms at $179 a pop!  If you guys know any hotels in the Gables that don't make you responsible like that, please let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine was but since my boss is a member and sponsored me i didnt have to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a rate of $129 at the Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables close to Miracle Mile.  I don't think they asked for a deposit or responsibility for unreserved rooms.

Ultimately, I think I'm going with Hotel Indigo in Dadeland.  Dadeland Marriott couldn't give me a 10 room block and it's super expensive.  Hotel Indigo is pretty affordable and I think I read something about a 3mile radius complimentary shuttle.  I have to find where I read that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards