Florida-South Florida
Options

Florist

Hi all!  Very first post, been engaged for over 2 months now and planning is hard but wonderful!  

I'm looking for a florist and need some recommendations, as I don't want to chance getting browning flowers the day of the wedding.  Any suggestions??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist

• Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Miami in Nov. 2010 and we used A Blooming Touch!  It's a small mother/daughter team and they were fabulous.  They really, really worked around my not-so-huge floral budget and the results were beautiful.  Our wedding was very modern and so were the arrangements-- bright, bold colors with interesting shapes.  I got several other quotes for similar arrangements and some were almost double the cost of A Blooming Touch.  

Pros: 
    -Very willing to work with all budgets....super customizable based on what you can or can't afford!
    -They were super flexible about meeting with me to discuss details and see a preview of my arrangements.  Day/time/place was never an issue!
    -  Can handle table coverings, arches, candles and other details in addition to flowers.
    -They were on time and completely on-point the day of the wedding.  Everything was arranged PERFECTLY!
    -Beautiful, bright colored flowers.  Absolutely no browning or drooping-- And our wedding was held outdoors with plenty of humidity!
    -The daughter part of the team, Maria, speaks English very well (hard to come by in Miami!)
    -Great sense of style-- Maria really seemed to understand my modern vision.
    -We received TONS of compliments on our flowers :-)

Cons:
    -The mother part of the team only speaks Spanish (not a big deal since her daughter is fluent in English)

If you want to see any photos of our arrangements or have any questions, just shoot me an e-mail: Linz10882@hotmail.com  (I don't check my Knot messages too often on here!)

Good luck in your planning!
    -Lindsay
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using flowers by blanca. She's wonderful and I know a few girls on here used her in the past because that's where I found her name! So far I love her - she gave me so so much for what I was told was a small flower budget by other people. I honestly thought I was never going to get what I wanted for my budget and she worked with me and got me within 150 bucks which was great - slightly over budget but every single thing I'd dreamed of. She also responds to emails right away is willing to answer tons of questions and is just super sweet! Google her she's great :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBSESSED with my florist...Bobby Kyser from Panache Style...I love love love him...I met with 4 florists and was amazed at the tacky factor even though I thought I screened them well by their websites...he blew them out of the water and COMPLETELY worked with my budget. love.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nakupenda24nakupenda24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with a ton of florist....and out of all the fancy places, I have ended up with Field of Flowers their Lush Celebrations department is amazing....I was never pushed into doing things I didn't want bc they couldnt do what I originally wanted, etc. Budget friendly too!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards