Florida-South Florida
Options

Ceremony/Reception Venue?

Hi, we were looking for a relatively inexpensive (but not cheesy) ceremony/reception venue. Are there any good ones between central Miami-Dade and central Broward? A couple places that we have visited so far include Tony's Reception Palace in Hialeah, and La Vie En Rose in Miramar. I've also looked at the websites for the Bonnet House (Fort Lauderdale), and the Sky Terrace (downtown Miami). The latter is overbudget, but I was dreaming. :)

We certainly appreciate all comments and suggestions, and thank you in advance.

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Hillcrest Golf and Country Club in Hollywood. It's beautiful, fairly priced, and has space for both the ceremony and reception. Check it out, the coordinator there, Carol, is awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, congrats and welcome to the boards. 

How many people are you expecting?  That way we can provide you with venues that will be able to accommodate the amount of guests.  In the meantime, you should look at the visitor's bureau for each county.  There are a lot of event venues listed on each:

HTH!  Happy planning. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm having my ceremony & reception at plantation preserve golf course and club. it's newer and fairly priced. Shannon (the coordinator) has been wonderful to work with and we're having our food tasting on thrusday, so i can let you know how that is. 

i also check out bonnet house and it was waaaaaay over budget but beautiful!
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at the Old Davie School Historical Museum in Davie.

http://odshm.ch2v.com/content.asp?PageID=8

They are reasonably priced, and very helpful. I fell in love with the place the first time I saw it.

We are having the ceremony in a field under some trees (there isnt a picture on the website i dont think) cocktail hour under the tiki hut, and the reception upstairs in the schoolhouse.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for your suggestions, and VanLu for welcoming my fiancee and me to the boards! We're expecting about 100 guests for the wedding. We will check out the visitor's bureaus as well.

PhiSigFly, we were able to visit Hillcrest Country Club today, and you're right! It is a beautiful place with an attractive price. Carol wasn't available when we went, but Stacey was wonderful and I have no doubt that this is reflected throughout the entire staff.

Jthom, thanks for the heads up on the Bonnet House! We'll definitely be looking forward to your thoughts on the food tasting. We hope it goes well!

Cherry, I saw a few photos of the ODSHM (I can't remember where), and your ceremony will truly be a nice one. Thanks for the recommendation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards