Florida-South Florida
Options

Key West wedding questions?

Hi everyone!  We are trying to plan our wedding in Key West and having a bit of trouble locating vendors such as officiants, photographer, flowers and music.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  We are getting married at the Ocean Key Resort and have been given their (very large) vendor list and are trying to narrow it down.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!   Thank you!!!Smile

Re: Key West wedding questions?

• Options
    KettingerKettinger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What vendor recommendations did they provide you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This may not be helpful at all, but I'm having all my vendors come down from Miami.  When I was shopping around I was pretty horrified with the prices and quality in the Keys. (i.e. awful photographers in the Keys cost the same amount as amazing photographers in Miami). I'm getting married in Islamorada, so it's a lot closer to Miami than Key West, but it may be something to look into if you want to save money.
  • Options
    MarypashMarypash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in October at the Casa Marina. 

The three main florists are Mama Flowers, Milan Event, and Love in Bloom. (I went with Mama Flowers)

Photographers: Studio Julie, John Hunter, Blueye Images, and Transier Photography are all very popular, but I went with the smaller and more affordable Rick Fatica.

Makeup: Studio Marie-Pierre is the only place I looked and immediately booked. 

Cakes: Cakes by Karol and Key West Cakes are the two I've heard about the most, but I haven't booked yet. 

I'm leaving work for the day but if you have any other vendors you want to ask about let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually post of the DW board but my wedding is in Key West and I am also having my wedding at the Ocean Key! Here is a list of vendors I am using from their list: Flowers: Mama Flowers Linens: bbj linen Photog: JHunter Hair/Makeup: Marie-Pierre Coordinator: Julie from Simply You Cocktail hour/ ceremony music: steel drums by Courtney Henry DJ: Jim from Sound Waves Cake: key West Cakes Trolley: city View trolley My wedding is next week if you want any reviews afterward just let me know!
  • Options
    monidysonmonidyson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow next weekend!!! Congrats!  Thank you so much for all your suggestions, especially the steel drummer because there are so many and I have no clue who to use!  Did you go plated, buffet or stations?  If you have a chance to reply, that would be great but if not, please post pics!  GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with plated, and we also added a slider bar at cocktail hour in addition to the passed apps. The entree choices we picked were the encrusted filet, and we also made up our own of grilled mahimahi with fresh mango salsa. The tasting was amazing, I was glad we took the trip down there for it (we live up in CT)! If you have any questions let me know! I am usually on the destination wedding board, please feel free to page me over there:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards