Florida-South Florida
Options

RSVP Drama!! Need Advice

Suprise Suprise.. I have drama! My cousin, who was not invited with a plus one because she does not have a boyfriend, decided to invite her best friend (who is a guy) to our wedding. She wrote his name on the RSVP. So I texted and said hey got your RSVP, who is "christopher"?. She said oh he's been my best friend for 10 years. To which I said, I don't know what to say, I didn't budget for people to bring their friends, we only invited you. She said oh I guess I should see if he can return the airline tickets he bought us last week! Are you even kidding me?!! This is the same cousin that is a brat and does this kind of crap all the time and gets away with it! I haven't even responded to the airline comment. I have no words, I should add that I've never met this guy in my life! My dad thinks I should just let it go but I'm pissed, my dad is paying for her hotel room-- I know she thinks this is a free vacation to miami-- so I say screw her!

What would you do?

Re: RSVP Drama!! Need Advice

• Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am agree Screw her. If you invited her without a plus one it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that she did not have an option to invite her best friend. I would honestly response with please have him check if he can return the airline tickets quickly I would not want him to not have the chance to at least get a partial refund back.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is a toughie.

One part of me says: stand your ground! The other part says: just let it go.

I almost think you should tell her that he is not invited-- it'd be different if you knew him/ he was her BF. Your wedding rules are to be abided by and that's that. There are no exceptions for her. Also, I'd want to not let him come simply because she's acting like a child and can't get her way all the time...!

On the other hand, is this going to be a huge issue/more hassle than it's worth if you have to deal with the aftermath? If so, I'd just let him come but make it clear you aren't happy.

I think I'm leaning more towards telling her he can't come.

Finally, how old is she? It sounds like she's acting like a giant baby and needs to be taught a little lesson about RUDENESS and MANNERS.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I seriously hate rude people who even put us in these situations! Her sister got married a couple of years ago and there was drama bc she didn't invite my FI (I was a bridesmaid, we had been together for over a year) so she knows the plus one rule. I don't want to be considered a b**ch but why didn't you pick up the phone and call me before inviting your friend and buying plane tickets?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol I love it. 
    I would tell her hell keep the plane ticket he just can't come to the wedding. He can have a nice wknd in Miami! People really are stupid. See if she says anything else and don't plan on having him there. 
    My MOH told me her boyfriend was coming.. and I get the RSVP with just her name, I was like umm ok so now he's not coming? Like why do I have to find out my MOH's date isn't coming through an RSVP?!! 
    I seriously can't wait till all these people get married
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    screw her!! How do you know she's not lying about the airline ticket. Don't let someone guilt you to allowing an uninvited guest. Totally unacceptable.

I understand this is childish but I'm so sick of people acting like this. Stand your ground if you think it's worth it.
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say screw her!

He can fly his happy butt to Miami and enjoy an evening in the pool by himself if he already has the airline ticket. For all you know, he hasn't purchased anything yet and she is only saying that to make it hard for you to say no.

SAY NO! Stand your ground :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally a pushover! I'm letting him come, I just don't want evil looks at my wedding :( But I told her I wasn't happy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My initial reaction was - he didn't buy a ticket it's a total lie to guit you. That's just what I thought. Maybe it's true and that sucks for him if he did but that's not your fault. If it was me I would probably let it go and not let it bother me/ruin my day. Knowing my cousins on my moms side someone is going to bring someone crazy or trashy or married or missing teeth even though they don't get a plus one and I've decided if it happens to ignore it. That being said I understand you being pissed and if it's worth it to you than stand your ground! It is miami so it will be a nice vacay for him if he did buy the ticket. I should also note I really love all those cousins and I just know who they tend to date and that they wouldn't understand wedding ettiquite. If I didn't like them I'd prob fight it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_rsvp-drama-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:f6b174b2-0cda-487b-84bb-b180b5cb5dbcPost:e8b4fb16-f1ce-4e8b-8140-af6e296d49d8">Re: RSVP Drama!! Need Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm totally a pushover! I'm letting him come, I just don't want evil looks at my wedding :( But I told her I wasn't happy
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, I would've done the same. I hate being the "bad guy"...

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_rsvp-drama-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:f6b174b2-0cda-487b-84bb-b180b5cb5dbcPost:e08e10bf-8eb9-4f59-9528-95c884cb3e76">Re: RSVP Drama!! Need Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]My initial reaction was - he didn't buy a ticket it's a total lie to guit you. That's just what I thought. Maybe it's true and that sucks for him if he did but that's not your fault. 

This is exactly what I thought, but I don't mind being the "bad guy". I would have said screw her. She sounds like such a brat and I probably wouldn't let her get her own way lol I don't think your a pushover, you just don't want to deal with the drama. Ugh! I am so not looking forward to this...
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NOooooooo Krysta don't do it...She totally guilt tripped you into allowing him to come. If it were me he would have spent his happy uninvited butt in the hotel lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had two people do this to me! One being my make couisn who imformed me via facebook after I called him asking if he was coming. Here's what he said "Yup. Me and a person to be named later. ; )" UGH!!!!!!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    While it is totally frustrating and completely rude I just can't handle animosity at the wedding. I def told her that I wish she would have spoken to me before inviting someone I didn't know to my wedding. She apologized and offered to cancel the tickets anyways so hopefully she learned her lesson!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards