Florida-South Florida
Options

Missing Something?

Hi Girls!

As many of you know, I'm having a small wedding... 80 guests invited (97% sure at the least that 75 will attend - entire event is at a restaurant), midday ceremony, followed by a casual cocktail hour, and a lunch reception. We're not having a "party," no dj, dancing, etc. (there will be a singer and guitarist).

I feel like I'm missing something to make the wedding memorable. I've pretty much maxed out my budget, and I don't know what I can add to make sure everybody has a fun time.

Any ideas???

TIA!

Re: Missing Something?

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a tough one. Are you have a wedding cake or cupcakes? Most forms of entertainment at a wedding is dancing. I can't think of anything to have with out it being birthday-ish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will be great as long as you have some form of music. Even play an Ipod with speakers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm What if you do a photobooth??? I know you said your budget was maxed out, buttt what if you set up everything yourself or your MOH does???
    Your guests could take turns taking pictures?
    Just saying :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine especially since it is a small reception during the day. I don't think your're missing anything. I like the idea of cupcakes though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a casual outdoor wedding last summer and they set up some games like horseshoes and some boshi ball or something where you through bags into holesin wood planks?? I know youre in a restaurant so these prob won't work - but could spark some fun indoor game idea I can't think of. 

Setting up your own photobooth is also a great idea - maybe with a cute chalkboard so guests can write a funny or sweet message and hold it up in their pic?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think what would be most memorable is a suprise dance or some type of surprise entertainment.  You can do this with your bridal party of with your groom.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a DIY Photobooth! Honestly, I agree with Beth- have some background music. At most weddings I've attended, as long as there is some music, good food and good conversation- it will be great!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe something during the ceremony (butterfly release) or a candy buffet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photobooth is a great idea. I'm having my dinner at chart house too and my package includes a photobooth that will act as a form of entertainment for our guests. It's not an actual booth, my photog uses a white screen with an automatic camera that shoots with the push of a button. He brings props too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions girls.

I know the photobooth idea is very popular, and I did think of it a while back, however, I decided against it, as I'm pretty sure it would be a waste with the majority of the guests on our guest list.

We do have cupcakes (in lieu of a traditional cake); and we do have music, we hired a singer and a guitarist, that will be playing/singing for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (a list of songs that I compiled and they are learning for me).

I just feel like there's still something missing...
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

How about a glass cylinder filled with notes written by your guests with advice for a happy marriage.  The notes could be pretty paper in your wedding colors.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards