Florida-South Florida
Options

new to board and very important question.

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this board and I'm super excited to start the planning process.

I have a very important question to ask...

What are you guys doing to loose weight if you are doing anything... diets, working out, not eating lol? I need to loose some serious weight for my Feb 2011 wedding and now that I'm engaged all i can do is EAT anything and everything that crosses my path from all the nerves and anxiety!!! I also work full time and go to school at night and on Saturdays... what do I do?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage

Re: new to board and very important question.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I know a lot of girls do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Everyone seems to love it. Me personally, I do Wii fit and a lot of walking. Also I stopped drinking Mountain Dew...which was HARD!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TRACK YOUR FOOD! This is one of the best ways to lose weight! I'm on MyFitnessPal. Try this site out with me! I've lost 18 pounds and I love this site!

www.myfitnespal.com

www.myfitnespal.com/Shuutnstar
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, welcome!

Jillian Michaels is a favourite of the board, and I think I might P90X a try. Good luck!
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try tracking your food and excrsize on sparkpeople.com and jillian michaels (30 days to shred) is pretty good, I also work out 5 days a week either walk/jog or boot camp class <-- highly reccomend for quick loss.
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Havent worked out in over 6 months....=/ so im no help here. But if your crunched for time the home videos are always great.

Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ate low carb... Its pretty misunderstood and so far I have shed a whopping sixty lbs.. Check it out at atkins.com...As for excercise I have 4 kids age 4 and under :) enough said there lol... Anyways good luck !
  • Options
    edited December 2011

welcome to the board...im doing low carbs and work out..(i love jillian michaels 30 day shread) but there a bunch of good ones by her..and u can mix it up with other ones and have fun with it..i also just started the gym

• Options
    edited December 2011
    vaneeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! its mel!!! :) lets starve together! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! I'm terrible at working out~ hate it! But I did pilates and ate well.  I do a lot of walking because I have dogs so I doubled what I normally do with them.  I cut out soda, cut down bread and super charged the veggie/fruit intake. 
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome. Happy Planning. I am doing a bootcamp as well as weight watchers, so far so good. Jillian michaels and P90X are popular on here and I have also tried them.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the impending nuptials!

I am doing Weight Watchers and love it and would recommend it to everyone.

I have some friends that are adverse to tracking everything they eat, and in the instance I recommend South Beach to them. I have friends that have had quite the successes.

If you don't want to follow any of these, my other recommendation is to try to eat "clean"- cut out white breads and processed foods.

I know a lot of people that lose weight this way, without working out (since I gather you are short on time). Working out will help you stay toned as you lose though. I currently do C25K and the Shred. No gym needed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!  It's such an exciting time, but I totally understand the stress!!  I mentioned this on another post the other day, but if you have Brighthouse they have an Exercise TV channel that has like 100 workout videos for you to choose from, so it's very hard to get bored!  I personally LOVE Jackie Warner and she kicks my butt!  I'm also a Jillian fan, both with 30 Day Shred and Last Chance Workout.  Good luck!!! :0)
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats & welcome to the board.  The girls have such wonderful suggestions. I might actually steal some.  =)  Happy Planning

• Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Weight Watchers a few years before getting engaged and lost 50 pounds in a year, which I've kept off since. I highly recommend it for a long-term weight loss, which is really the best kind, as yo-yo dieting only hurts your metabolism. Basically the formula is: eat less, exercise more, but weight watchers helps you figure out how to do that and not feel like you're starving all the time! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards