Florida-South Florida
Options

DJ/MC Question

What is a good/reasonable price for a DJ/MC....I'm talking about a basic package without the bells and whistles of lighting, special effcts, etc....call me crazy but some are asking $1500....is that the norm here for south florida???? I know the DJ can either make or break your reception, but I don't want it to break my bank either...  Please let me know who you decided on for your special day...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ/MC Question

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vision dj- I'm paying 795 which includes an upgraded dj booth and 4 hrs of dj-ing.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Billman and he's doing my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for $600.00. He's based out of palm beach co. His website is djbillman.com
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using vision djs too and I have uplights, lit up dj booth and 4 hrs of music for under 1000. The 1500 seems kind of on the high side for just a basic package
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's really pricey, based on the quotes I got.  We're paying $600 for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  We got a bit of a deal because we know the DJ, but $1500 (with no lighting, etc) is really expensive.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Liquid DJs has a nice package around $750? The price may be a bit higher but it's under $800. I'm looking for a reasonable DJ too! Best of luck!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Eddie B and Company, got 6 hours for $800.  www.eddieb.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think thats high for just DJ services.  I just signed my DJ contract with liquid DJ's, yay! but that was the price quoted for if I wanted  4 hours for reception, ceremony, and upligting with LED lights.  I think prices vary a little based on the time of year, but that still seems high to me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    henrygomes24henrygomes24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.danceallnightdjs.com his pacakges start at 550.00
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards