Florida-South Florida
Options

Color dilemma

Hello everyone..this is my first post!! Here's my problem...I really fell in love with the "sangria" color and really want it for my main color but I'm not sure if I'm going to find matching items.  I am pretty set on getting the bridesmaid dresses from davids bridal b/c all of my BM are in different cities and its just easier. Anyway, the color of dresses in the sangria color look different depending on the material and I can't tell online if things will match. I'm wondering if anyone who has chosen that color can help??? Thanks everyone!!

Re: Color dilemma

• Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome! By sangria do you mean like a light wine color? Can you post a link to a picture of the color you want?

imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board.

That color with the champagne color would look nice
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend going to DB and checking out their samples to make sure you are choosing the color you want because yes, the colors are different depending on material.

I agree that champagne is a great matching color.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should go into a DB and make sure they all look the same in person.  I know it always helps to have the same designer because the colors will work but sometimes certain fabrics change the color.  So definitely check it out.  I love the sangria and champagne color combo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That is a relly nice color...you do have to watchfor material cause if one is more satin and one is more chiffon it will look different...look for dresses with similar  material... :)  Also I love that color with Champagne, light pink, or a light green depending on what your doing for the wedding :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My advice, go into DB and find dress/dresses that you like.  What I did was went to DB, found a selection of dresses I liked.  I told my girls I had picked out a few, but as long as their dress was satin, knee-length and the color "pool" from DB, then I was fine with it.  The biggest part, like PP have said is the material because all materials will show the color different.  I also agree with waterroxy17, sangria and champagne would look nice.  HTH
    Photobucket
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also - I know its more pricey then DB (looks like only by like $20-50) but J.Crew does the bridesmaids dresses where you can select the color (and you know it will be the same wherever they buy) and then they can either all wear the same style or diff ones that flatter them most)

I have at least 3 friends who have done the J.Crew ones & that has worked out so well esp if you choose to let them select their own style because the colors will be uniform for sure

Here's a link:
    http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses/strapless/PRDOVR~19961/19961.jsp
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with pp... you may want to decide on a fabric first before letting your girls choose a dress. Depending on the fabric, the color, even if it's the same, will change shades.

If I remember correctly, the Sangria color at DBs is like a fuchsia/magenta like color. I like the Champagne, but maybe in a deeper tone like an antique gold or maybe an ivory or cream might work better, if you want to stay on the light side.

However, I think that depending on your theme and time of year you can either go bold and pair it with black or pewter/slate gray... or you can go whimsy and youthful with a green, a light pink or be daring with a burnt orange or blue. Or you can match it with a light lavender and silver.

Check out this site and see if there is anything that you like.
    http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/

• Options
    LmcconeghyLmcconeghy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the tips!!! I'm planning on going to DB this week to get it settled :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards