Florida-South Florida
Options

P*nta Cana

Anyone ever been???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: P*nta Cana

• Options
    Yes we went there after we got engaged!. Its sooo much fun and so relaxing too! Just be careful when selecting your resort. We stayed in one that was very beautiful but the rooms were all muggy and old looking. The tubs were rusty too. When I got there, I started to cry so FI went to the front desk and upgraded out room to a Suite. It was a HUGE difference. The room was beautiful and modern. Also, be careful with hotels that have timeshares. We were harassed all 7 days by timeshare people around the resort. We would literally plan our routes when walking to the restaurants, pools and beach lol. Other than that, its amazing. The food is eehh not all that but we had fun. We also did a Jeep excursion that was a blast too. Just do your research :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jessica-where did you stay? What was the Jeep excursion? Did you venture off your resort at all?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yikes! I went two years ago and don't remember the name of the resort. Its was a Bavaro resort. I have to ask FI. We did not leave the resort because it isn't very safe there. Remember, you are going to a third world country. The only time we left the resort was for our excursion.

The Jeep excursion was fun. Its an excursion with about 10 Jeeps led by a tour guide (who leads the tourists from his own Jeep).  FI and I got our own Jeep and FI drove. Some couples were paired up with other couples and shared a Jeep but took turns driving. The guide takes you to see the sugar cane fields, a museum, you drive through the mountains and are taken to a farm where you are treated to authentic Dominican food. There they also give you fun facts about the country and have dominican coffee, fruit and chocolate  to taste. You can ride horses and zipline there too.  After that, you get back on your jeep and go to a beautiful beach. 

I suggest you book the P*nta Cana trip through an agency. Its much safer. You are really taken care of. When we arrived to the airport in Dominican Republic there were people from our agency there with signs and greyhound buses waiting for their customers to arrive. They personally take you to your resort. When you get to the resort, they brief you and give you tips and suggestions. They then tell you what dates and times to meet them at the lobby. We met one time for excursions. We were told not to pay for excursions at the hotel because sometimes they steal your money and never show up to the hotel to pick you up. We booked our excursion through the agent at the hotel. Then, we met another time when they told us at what time to be ready at the lobby to be picked up to go to the airport to go home. When you go through an agency its very organized and much safer. They really take care of the tourists.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    awesome! thanks!
  • Options

I have pics of our trip on my FB page if you'd like to see pics of the beaches,  excursion and of the resort. My email is JDDTE at aol.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    also check out the honeymoon board. there's always someone who's been where you want to go :)
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I went there last year to an all inclusive!! It was called Majestic Elegance - BEST TRIP EVER!!!  We bought our entire, flight, hotel, and transportation from aeroport to hotel and back on BOOKIT.com!!

Since we found such a good deal we paid a little extra to be more private and exclusive on the Club Members Part with a butler for the week!! This means that you have priority in restaurants and shows, private pool, jacuzzi, and private bar area with computer room. We didnt have to register in or out, the butler did it for us!! Since we arrived we basically sat down to eat and drink and not do anything at all!!! The butler even made the reservations for us at the restaurants, prepared our jacuzzi and room for a romantic evening, and bought me a lock for my luggage! It was amazing!! We only went on one excursion that included the dirt bikes, 2 different beaches, and a very popular waterfall and tunnel place - sorry i dont remember the name!!

The shows are very good and there are about 6 different restaurants and bars are all around at all times!!! There are also shops and a club there that plays decent music but it's small!!

What can I say?? If you want to relax to the maximum, eat and drink all day and night, and just hang around at the beach and pool or go to excursions, I really recommend this hotel but try to go to the private adults exclusive section, you wont regret!! The room is amazing and it has a jacuzzi inside the room!! I have pictures of the entire trip on facebook, feel free to add me and check them out!!
    Martica and David Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker image Website: http://davidandmartica.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards