Florida-South Florida
Options

Question for ladies who are doing/have done B-pics

Okay. So I clearly have to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to take my b-pics with Ashley. Meaning I'll be staying the night before at my parents house, like I always do when I go down South. So what happens when my dad asks me what I'm doing? Or why I'm paying my photographer another $300? Or what about down the road when my dad asks me what I'm giving Jeff for his wedding present? 

My mom is really cool with it. But I'm the oldest girl, and I'm totally a "daddy's girl" and he's pretty conservative. Not like, oblivious that there's sex in the world kind of conservative, but he definitely doesn't want to know that his daughter is taking sexy pictures. 

Has this been any kind of issue or circumstance with anyone? Is it just because I'm the youngest on the board that I'm worried about it? lol. I feel silly. But I feel like I don't know how to explain to my dad what boudoir photos are without seeming like a whore haha. Idk. Someone make me feel better about this!!! 

Re: Question for ladies who are doing/have done B-pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest with you... he doesn't need to know. It's personal between you and your FI and the photographer. I understand he might ask questions about what you are doing, but in this case I think it's ok to tell a white lie... or to not mention it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With the way my schedule is, it's hard to get down south. So every time I go down, I have something important and big and scheduled that I'm doing. So it's hard to just not tell him what I'm doing because I literally get into town at 1am Sunday night and leave by dinner time on Monday afternoon. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you can tell him that its something private that you are doing for Jeff's wedding gift.  Maybe if  you tell him "trust me you don't want to know" then he won't ask anymore questions. LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm the epitome of daddy's girl and there is nnno way either of my parents are going to know about this. I am sneaking. Bwahaha.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you tell him your going to meet one of us for dinner?? Or your meeting with your photog to go over wedding details and show her pictures??
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LACEY. perfect. 

lol @ jen 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Lacey!

Bpics are on a need to know basis. Lol.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacey's idea is good. Or is there anyway you can stay with someone else, so you can just skip over the awkwardness of staying at his place?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I'm with Lacey - that day you have to meet the photog at the venue and plan shots, or taste cake, or try on your dress for the 10th time! I'm sure you will come up with something
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards