Florida-South Florida
Options

Back Home (PIP)

So we just got back home from 2 days of wedding appointments.

Cakes:
Yesterday we visited 3 cake places. It didn't turn out how we expected. One cake place that is actually really popular we thought the cake was awful, another place with pretty good cake seemed uninterested in our business, and the third place we loved the baker but we aren't sure about her cakes. My mom actually had cake from a 4th place that we tried and loved so I think we are going to have a tasting with the new place and the girl we liked again when we go back. 

Linens:
We visited 2 places, atlas and panache. Atlas had some great choices but I'm still not certain. Panache didn't have what we were looking for. We are talking about doing 2 different styles on tables and maybe the pink on the Sweetheart table, but haven't decided yet.

Here are some options from Atlas:

The good news! I ordered some place card holders (round silver balls) and they were here! I used a business card as a tester but they are adorable and I love them!

Re: Back Home (PIP)

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your placecard check! I'm sorry about your cake experiences. :( I think all your linens look pretty! I love the polkadot one- fun! Good luck making your choice.. You can't go wrong, though!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't spoken to publix yet, but I'll check out their designs. At Atlas we were considering using the 1st, 2nd and 4th picture of linens but I think it might be a little too much
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love #4!! I love the colors together and the fun pattern!  There are tons of bakers around Miami, so keep searching until you find something you like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Beth I love 4 too but FI isn't really a fan and I think it will look weird since my flowers are all pink.. So I don't know what to do. I may need to visit other rental companies
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Try Cover It. I'm going with them and they are in Ft Lauderdale. Great prices

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great checks!  I like #4 but if your flowers are pink, then the others might be better choices.  Love the place card holders!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love love love the spotted linens but I love spots! I think the 3rd one is my fav though b/c I like the place setting better.
    Sorry about the cakes. Def check out some more till you get the right one.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I love circles and stuff to Lgrn! The more I look at the 1st picture the more I love it..
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your cake experience. Check the bios of the girls on here so you can get cake recs., I check bios all the time when I need ideas.

I love #4, love those pink linens. But since all your flowers are pink, then I'd go with #1.

And love your place card holders.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the cake experience. Sadly that happens, keep your head up and schedule some more cake apt. I love them all!! Because I'm doing black pintuck and black chairs with a white cushion LOL. I love polka dots, but the last one is so cute and fun, but only if you could get it in black. If your flowers will be pink, that will be too much pink going on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the 1st and 4th looks of the table settings! For the hot pink one, I would be running my fingers through it the whole time I was sitting at dinner. I love the feel of those! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Squeaky00Squeaky00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I are going to looking into cakes next.  I would love to see what everyones cake looks like or would look like.

• Options
    abellabell member
    edited December 2011

The third combination would look so pretty with all pink flowers!  I love your card holders!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards