Gothic Weddings
Options

I desperatly need opinions!

I have really white hair. Just about as close to white as you can get it.
 I love it and FI says its his favorite but he loves everything I have ever
done. I have run into an issue because I have a stark white dress and
super pale skin. With my bridal party all being in red and black and FI
wearing black and white, I'm going to be a freakin ghost. I have always
 been told that you shouldn't mix whites and altho my hair is super white, its probably going to look a bit yellow-ish next my dress.
     I have convinced my self that its going to look really tacky, so now I
want your opinion because FI is no help. I could keep it white, get some
 kind of black hair accersory and just deal and hope for the best or I
can go red. Not bright red but like strawberry blonde maybe.

Dress:
http://helenebridal.com/showprodpic.asp?prodno=WD2299&prodid=2299

Color of my hair:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=867323&l=681541a088&id=1470949211

that is me sporting my faux-hawk, awesome, I know.
my hair is a lot longer now

hairstyle I'm considering for the weedding:
http://www.celebritylatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/november/ama/pink_2008_american_music_awards_10.jpg

let me know what you guys think
Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I desperatly need opinions!

• Options
    i think your over thinking, your hair color doesn't count towards mixing whites and if you like your color why change it? I know for a fact nearly white blond is hard to get and if you dye over it will be nearly impossible to get again without mega damage. If you want wear a black fascinator,but how about embracing the white and doing the whole etheral white queen thing, think how much you will stand out from your wedding party, and how gorgeous the pictures will look because of it!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
         I am overthinking it, thats probably one of my biggest faults.thanks for the huge confidence booster. FI is always just so, " I'll love it no matter what you do" which is comforting but at the same time, not very helpful. My hair has been just about every color at some point in time, I can't ever keep it the same for very long without getting dye-antsy. You brought up a good point about the white queen thing. The new alice in wonderland's white queen popped into my head and suddenly being completely washed out is not that bad. Thanks so much for your reply.
    Photobucket

• Options
    You could try going with a black fascinator and maybe even black jewelry. I was considering going with black accessories, but I'm having a hard time incorporating black into my outfit when my dress has some gold in it. You never know though until you try some on with the dress. You should just experiment a bit, maybe experiment with cheap jewelry in different color palettes and go from there.

Otherwise I think having a lot of white would look great, you're the bride you don't have to match your wedding colors. I think if you wear all white you'll stand out more as a bride. Either way you'll look great!
  • Options
    I gotta say, if your worried about it looking yellow, just freshen it up! Keep it white.

I've done hair for almost ten years, now I just cut at a barbershop. Ok, to keep it looking white there is this purple shampoo they sell at CVS for the grey and white hair generation. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but i will def edit this and add it in once it comes to me.

Also, use a purple-tinted toner after you bleach it your hair from scalp to ends. 1) it will kill the yellow to keep it white. 2) since bleaching roughs up the hair and makes it look like straw, using a toner after you rinse the bleach out will smooth the cuticle and seal it so that your hair can heal.  Added bonus: your hair will shine.

On a professional level. Find a salon that uses Goldwell colors. Have them do a purple and clear toner to give you extra shine. 

There's a shampoo By Bed Head called Dumb Blonde. It's one of my favorites professional lines and they sell it at local drug stores as well.

I Def say "rock the white" :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_desperatly-need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:5643b635-139f-48b4-b321-0f878fd06317Post:38f9c93b-eda8-4564-8a7b-a2c597748e86">Re: I desperatly need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I gotta say, if your worried about it looking yellow, just freshen it up! Keep it white. I've done hair for almost ten years, now I just cut at a barbershop. Ok, to keep it looking white there is this purple shampoo they sell at CVS for the grey and white hair generation. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but i will def edit this and add it in once it comes to me. Also, use a purple-tinted toner after you bleach it your hair from scalp to ends. 1) it will kill the yellow to keep it white. 2) since bleaching roughs up the hair and makes it look like straw, using a toner after you rinse the bleach out will smooth the cuticle and seal it so that your hair can heal.  Added bonus: your hair will shine. On a professional level. Find a salon that uses Goldwell colors. Have them do a purple and clear toner to give you extra shine.  There's a shampoo By Bed Head called Dumb Blonde. It's one of my favorites professional lines and they sell it at local drug stores as well. I Def say "rock the white" :)
    Posted by angelsoffspring[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I am already on top of it!! Sally's beauty supply is like a second home to me. I have been doing my own hair since about 15. It takes about three hours just to do a root touch up. I use prism lights bleach with 40 v cream developer, wash, use extra light platinum toner, wash, use extra light platinum filler, wash, then use an emergency repair kit, not that my hair is damaged, i just prefer to keep it from getting that way (also i have been trying to go longer between dye jobs to keep my hair from stressing out). Dumb blonde is my most favorite shampoo of all time, hands down and I just got the generic version of the shimmer lights shampoo for between dye jobs. if i tried to get my hair anymore white, it would be purple. :) I just don't wear white so its been a concern of mine. I do have a fluffy white bunny and might try holding her up to my head and see how bad it contrasts.
    Photobucket

• Options
    I love the hair color and I would also say a fascinator or head band would be really cute. I say just go shopping and try on every single hair accessory that catches your eye.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards