California-Los Angeles
Options

iPod DJ

Has anyone ever been to a wedding that doesn't have a DJ/MC? I just found out about iPod weddings where the bride and groom just make a playlist to play at the reception. Is anyone doing this? My fiance mentioned he doesn't want a cheesy dj and wants to choose the music ourselves to play. It sounds like it would be fine since our reception is outdoor/casual. But I am sort of hesitant about how it would work. Anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this!

Re: iPod DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did an Itunes reception.  We picked all of our music and organized it in Itunes according to the timeline that was given to us by our DOC.  We had our bridal party members announce the first dance, garter/bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.  Me had our laptop there and it was hooked up to rented sound equipment.  We didn't have any problems with it and we loved saving money since we didn't have a DJ.  If you have any questions, feel free to page me on this board or e-mail me at summer0fstars at aol dot com.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on doing the iPod wedding too. Pretty much ditto everything on pp, except our coordinator will be keeping her eye on it for us, and making any important announcements. Ours is outdoor/casual too. And it just seems better to have complete control over the music played, not to mention it can totally reflect the B & G. And it's a big $$$ saver, which we love! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We kind of wanted to do this but my parents vetoed the idea. They think a DJ is important to "read the crowd." Whaaaaaaaateverrrrrrrrrrrr! A bad DJ is worse than NO DJ!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards