California-Los Angeles

Boudoir followup

I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful moral support yesterday.  My B-pic session went better than I ever could've expected.   Monica, from Boudoir Rouge, was fabulous.  She completely understood my securities and put me at ease.  I highly recommend her.  Her main thing is B-pics so she really knows what she is doing.   I couldn't decide which outfits to wear, so we did all four of them!   I also liked that she brought her own makeup/hair person who did a fantastic job. With each outfit change, she would change my hair and touchup my makeup.  I really felt like a model! I saw some pics on her camera and was thrilled by what I saw. I can't wait to see the gallery.  I know FI is going to be floored! If you're on the edge about whether to do B-pics or not, I highly recommend doing them.   It really pumped me up and made me feel more confident about myself - something I definitely need to take with me for the wedding day!

Re: Boudoir followup

• jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK so i have been reading a lot about Boudoir pics but i am not sure what the deal is, can you fill me in what is it all about and if you don't mind me asking how much is a boudoir shoot? i would really love some info if you could give it to me i would appreciate it very much. can you give me Monica's info so i can look her up? Thank you. i am so glad that your shoot went well and that you had a great time.
  • mrsinoctmrsinoct member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenna,Here's the site for BR:  www.boudoirrougephoto.comMonica is the owner. You can get an idea of what boudoir pictures are like from looking at the site.   I sort of think of them like pin-up pictures that used to be very popular.  They are risque (sp?) pictures that are very elegantly done.  Almost like a tease of what isn't seen.  You aren't completely naked, but have some kind of sexy clothing on.  I suppose you could do them completely naked if you want to!  I think you can really guide the session to be what you like.  I did one shot  with just a bra and panties and an apron on.  We were down in the kitchen and even used my mixer and wooden spoon as props! I think a lot of brides are liking using them as gifts for their grooms before the wedding or to give him the day of.  A lot of girls are doing it for anniversay gifts, too.  I liked the added bonus of being a model for a day and doing something I never imagined I would do.  Also, you will have these pictures for you to mark this great time in your life. I found that the costs could really vary.  BR has several packages to fit what you want to do and afford.  I think the photo session was $500, including hair and makeup.  Gosh - I'm starting to sound like a commercial. If you have more questions you can email me at marikajane gmail
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome! You really do start to feel like a model after a while. I really got into it after the first 15 minutes. It was so much fun!! It's good to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Congrats!! Jenna1984: Boudoir photo sessions are usually about 2 hours and you choose to wear more sexy and revealing outfits in the lingerie vein and take sexy photos for your FI. Most girls make a photo book to give him as a gift which is what I did. I haven't given it to him yet but I know he will be so surprised!! It's a liberating expericence and really made me feel more comfortable in my own skin and feel good in my sexier side. Like mrsinoct said, I highly recommend doing them if it's in your budget!!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had fun and everything went great. I really want to do them, I just don't know if I can afford it!
  • jenna1984jenna1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok great thank you for the info i went on her website and requested some info so i will wait and see. it sounds like it would be a lot of fun but yes very nerve racking.... LOL
  • 23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad it went well and worked out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards