California-Los Angeles
Options

wedding certificate frustrations!

So we've been waiting one and a half months for our marriage certificate. Well..we just got a letter from the county clerk stating that there was a stain on our license so we have to track down our officiate and have him send in a request for a new license along with another $30 and have him fill it out again! It was a stupid drop of water! It didn't even smudge the writing! So ladies, lesson learned..put your certificate in a zip lock bag or something. Just don't let it get wet! Those people at the county clerks office are psycho particular! I'm so frustrated right now!

Re: wedding certificate frustrations!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i hear you!!! we got married 08.22, and just got a letter today that they never received it from our officiant!!! but wait- the best part is that i got a call 2 weeks ago, from the county clerks office, stating the best man forgot to fill out his address, so i had to read it to them over the phone. so......they obviously have it!!!! argh.....
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh mm, that's rediculous! What are those people doing over there?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh great, we got married August 15 and are still waiting for our certificate. I hope it comes soon rather than a letter like you ladies got.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was sent back to us TWICE, because our witnesses and officiant didn't slash through n/a boxes... geez, give me a break, these people have way too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Man, that really sucks ladies! instead of processing things it seems like they are out looking for mistakes so they can reject them and get more $$ out of us!!!! ARRRGH!!!!
  • Options
    nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, no I'm so sorry ladies!  Now I'm worried because I have no idea what the deal with ours was.  Our officiant took and was going to mail it in, so I never even saw signatures or anything.  Yikes!
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    starsailor - i would think you should have yours by now. You should call the county clerk because it's been over 2 months for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards