California-Los Angeles

Vent - Wedding Related

FI and I have been waiting over 2 weeks to meet with a DJ that we found. Last week he finally called me to schedule an appointment for tomorrow evening and yesterday, my boss tells me that she needs me to chaparone some of our students on a trip down to the LA Convention Center for a Cash for College event. I told her I can't go I have an appointment after work. If I would have known at least a week ago I wouldn't mind but 2 days is very last minute and I don't think that's fair to me. She says that we all have lives after 5:00 but this is priority. I'm sorry but my job is not #1 in my life. It's a job, no more then that. Unfortunately, my promotion still hasn't gone through. She has it dangling in front of my face so I HAVE to go. GrrrrrrNow I'll probably have to wait another 2 weeks to meet with this guy. Not to mention FI and I were supposed to meet with our florist last week and she rescheduled for yesterday. Then yesterday she calls and has to reschedule for thursday. If she wasn't a good friend, I'd move on. It's bad enough I already feel behind on things. This didn't help. I can't wait to get all vendors booked and out of the way. Then I can focus on the details. Oh yea, and I still haven't got FI and FMIL to cut their list down and give me missing addresses. Bleh... I give.I feel better, thanks for listening :)

Re: Vent - Wedding Related

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I totally feel you! I also had to miss a bridesmaid shop appt. this past saturday for a College Fair event my boss threw...they said I had to go because this is his biggest event of the year! I had to cancel...it really sucks! I'm sorry you havent had the best luck on meeting with your vendors, just bare with it...it'll come. It just blows that you have to keep waiting for the day to come. Oh and about the address...c'moooon its been too long..what are you going to do about that? Did you send the ones on your list already?
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    oh and to make it clear, the "c'moooon" part I was referring to FMIL hehe.
  • edited December 2011
    VANS - Hehe, yea I getcha :)I haven't even ordered my STDs yet because I need to know how many to order. They have until the end of the month and then I'm only ordering for those I have addresses for. Too bad. I've been patient long enough. Oh, and FI accidentally deleted all of his contacts from his blackberry so now it's going to be even more difficult to get people addresses cause now he doesn't even have their phone numbers. LOL... what dress shop did you end up with?
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, well I hope you get all addys by the end of the month, GL!Well we went to Sussie's on Sunday, and 3 out of the 5 girls who went, found something they liked there...and the other 2 were'nt too sure. So, we are going to look for antoher place just to be sure...I hope they find something soon because we are running out of time. I want all of them to get them at the same shop because of the material issue. I think we will try Alfred Angelo soon. Other than that they will end up at Sussies again...I think they just thought it was a bit pricey or else they would have gotten them there. I mean I don't blame them because those two that didnt want to order, are full time students and arent getting any income right now. We'll see I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Girl!!! Everytime you mention sussy's, the lady calls me!! LOL This dang lady is like begging me for my BMs to pay half the dress of before the end of the year. She already told them and so have I. They already know I'm not going to keep bugging them. Geesh.In the beginning I was going to let the girls pick their own dresse. But to save time and drama, I picked one. Fortunately they all like it, and it fits all body types. Another reason I decided to stay at Sussy's was because I'm getting my dress from them and they're doing all alterations for free. Just more convient. I've heard a lot of good things about AA. I saw a few dresses I like but not the color. GL with the dresses :) hopefully they'll decide soon. Oh yes and they were a little pricey but I figured in the end, after alertations and everything they would end up paying around the same :) wooo, less then 100 days....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards