California-Los Angeles

Engagement Photo Session Locations in L.A.

Hello, Well i'm getting married in 3 months. Me and my Fiance didn't do engagement photos because it was not in our budget. But a friend of mines who does photography as a hobbie has offered to take photos for us for free. I wanted to know if Anyone has any good locations in LA area preferably the Downtown L.A. area Help. Thanks!

Re: Engagement Photo Session Locations in L.A.

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our pictures in DT LA. We started off by The Omni hotel...they have a really cute area where theres water fountains and lots of stairs. From there we just started walking to different spots in LA. That was pretty much it. We were aiming for city look pictures of LA. Theres a link to some of our e-pics on my siggy.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely the library and the park next to the library. Also the music center - there's a fountain thing next to the Mark Taper Forum. There's also a park next to the new police headquarters. Some people have been taking wedding photos there.(These are all my ideas for our day-of wedding pics!)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our at Olvera Street. Suppose to be this week but Ive had to cancel because I have the flu
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • jury323jury323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies for the suggestions... im just worried that at some of these places might be strict on taking photography =]
  • edited December 2011
    You could always ask your photog. Or call and ask if there are restrictions or if you need a permit. If it's outside, you shouldn't have trouble.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • jury323jury323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vans18 i have a question for you.. i loved your e-pictures... specially the ones at california plaza. btw. was this on a weekend or during the week ?
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on a Sunday at 5p.m. it was nice because there wasnt too many crazy people around- except one lady haha. Also, you might want to go earlier than that... since its getting dark sooner, I went in July.
  • 23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took them at Union Station downtown!
  • jstripejstripe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did our e-pics at disney concert hall.  there's a public park on the west side of the hall that's a near-perfect location.  the lighting there is awesome, and we loved our shots.  good luck!
  • SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not downtown LA, but we took our pictures at Griffith Observatory and Park. I liked having the contrasting architecture and forest pictures. It was super busy because of the anniversary of the moon landing when we went, so we ended up taking most of our pictures in the park. I have some pictures in my bio if you want to see.
  • jury323jury323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much. i now have an idea of the places i want to go =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards