California-Los Angeles

Cheaper officiant than $300?????

Hello,

So we are coming in under budget on a lot of things....except the officiant!!!!  I can't believe people in Los Angeles want $300+ to just say a few words and make the wedding official.  So here's my question-does anybody have an idea for a cheap wedding officiant in the Los Angeles area?

Re: Cheaper officiant than $300?????

• edited December 2011
    other than having a friend or family member doing the "deputy for a day" thing, finding someone under $300 is going to be tough. we're using a sitting judge who is a good friend of the family and even he's $300. good luck!

here's the website for the "deputy for a day" thingy
    http://www.lavote.net/clerk/marriages.cfm
  • edited December 2011
    We asked a good family friend to become an officiant through the universal life ministry online.  It was free, and one of the best decisions we could have made for our ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Same here.  Both FI and I are registered through Universal Life MInistry as is my cousin.  My cousin is performing our ceremony for free.

• edited December 2011
    I think you'd have to look for someone you know. 

We went with a minister from my step mom's church. I helped the minister host a few events at the church. And we made a small donation to the church fund. In return she officiated our ceremony.

I think either a) getting a license on the internet or b) using your network to find someone you know -- are your only options for a smaller fee.

good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I totally became an officiant before we asked our friend to do it, phiaska!  I didn't want to put him through something difficult to deal with, so I tested the waters.  I put my certificate on the fridge :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Totally easy, right? 

Fill out a form, hit submit and that's all!

I love the interwebs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards