California-Los Angeles
Options

Jazz Band versus capable DJ

We are getting married next August (2011) at a restaurant that has a vintage vibe (50's) to it. I was looking into getting a jazz band (3-5 members) to perform for the cocktail hour, lunch and reception. Does anyone have any bands they have used or could recommend for a couple hundred dollars- no more than 600 or 700? Or a DJ that has this type of music in their collection for the same price range?

Thanks everyone!

Re: Jazz Band versus capable DJ

• Options
    ditasweetditasweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using a DJ from Hollywood Party Rockers. Our wedding is art deco/vintage, so I know the style you're going for. For the cocktail hour and dinner we wanted only 20's/30's cabaret and 40's big band music playing so there are a lot of songs that we were concerned the DJ wouldn't have. HPR has been able to accomodate every single one of our song requests without hesitation. We were actually thinking of going with a band as well, but opted for just the DJ since both would have been a bit pricey. We're paying $800 for the ceremony and reception, but if you only need a DJ for the reception I'm sure it will be quite a bit cheaper. Here's their link if you want to check them out.
    http://www.hollywoodpartyrockers.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards