California-Los Angeles

A Check and a Vent

Finally got my invites to the post office today.  Thankfully, the rain stopped long enough for me to get from my car into the building.  But there was another downpour on my way out.

I'm having trouble with certain people not really behaving as I thought they would with regard to my wedding.  They pretend to be and they say they'd like to help, but then when I ask them to do something it's either half-assed done or not done at all. 

I have a facial appt. after work today and pilates during lunch.  Because of this I asked my mom to please take the invites to the post office for me.  She's retired.  She has nothing to do all day long but sit around.  She should be THRILLED to do this for me, right? 

I couldn't get her to commit.  I tried begging her and thought we had it all sorted out and then she called me an hour later to tell me that water dared to fall from the sky so she would be able to drive over to me to pick up the invites and take them.  

I had to brave the STORM myself and risk getting in trouble at work by taking a 2 hour lunch instead of the one hour allotted.

On top of that she keeps complaining about my MOH not really putting any effort into the wedding either.  Yeah, I noticed - but I don't need to hear it!  I dont want to be the one that has to run errands for my shower.  I don't want to be the one that has to play phone tag and find out if someone is planning to attend.  It's my shower.  It's the one time when I"m not the one PLANNING the event, which is what I do all day long for everyone else!

/vent

Re: A Check and a Vent

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for having invites done!

Sorry to hear about all the rest! I am going through the same thing. Don't worry, you are not the only one. My MOH hasnt been much help so far either. Sometimes we gotta do these things on our own...I know its not supposed to be that way but we have no other choices sometimes. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy your facial...and take a deep breath because it's only starting....=)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting the invites out!

Really sorry about everything else. My mom at times seems interested and other she can give well you know. And well lets not get started about MOH, now why the heck do we have them again?! That's why when FI says why dont you ask your MOH in my head I think, I'll just do it myself. As much as I wish people would chip in sometimes I highly doubt they will and I've accepted it. 
  • dorotheagoodorotheagoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Invites in the mail! I can't wait until that is done

I want to fire my MOH. She has been non exsistant in my life for almost 4  months.
  • edited December 2011
    I hear you on the MOB and MOH woes! 

I got a call from my mom today.  She got her invite in the mail!  And then it fell directly into the gutter.

Cue the "womp womp womp" music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards